Shannon’s classic car day

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in W.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, WA Mod

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Shannon’s classic car day

Post by Blacky »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Plenty of dak daks as usual Image

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Superchargers make me smile Image
I need one of these 2” SU carbs for a project I am planning if anyone knows of any??? Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I reckon one of these would mate a cool sled if you sorted out the roofline and lost a couple of doorsImage
There’s still one left Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Another unusuaImage

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

This thing is gorgeous

EK DAZ
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by EK DAZ »

Wow, some beaut cars there. What a great event and venue. Love the v16 Caddi. Tnanks for posting.
EK DAZ
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:42 am One of 2 Sierras
Haven't seen one of these for a long time... suspect it was last on the Mountain. Incredible car for their day - giant killers like the earlier Minis and later Skyline.

Needs it's front wheel arch moulds checked though :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Thanks for getting your butt out the chair to take some pics 😊. Plenty of odd cars there indeed.
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:10 am

Needs it's front wheel arch moulds checked though :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: took me a while ............... :ebiggrin:

melly

Post by melly »

Looks like a great day Blacky, fair turnout cheers for the pics... has been a big couple of weekends for the west oz crew. Was hoping to get there on Saturday but looks like kids sports might foil me again ffs :thumbsdown:
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

We had a Pug 404. Excellent drive. Torquey under tuned motor I would think ripe for hotting up a bit. Massive drum brakes were very effective. Would you believe at that time 15" tyres were uncommon? Michelin or the cheaper Semperit were the choices. Unconventional rear drive and suspension setup with rigid axle and drive shaft, no rear uni. Worm drive pinion gear. Rose joint at the gearbox output. I had the box out twice. Rusty as f¿?k but very comfy. Assembled in Melbourne, was a 1962.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Errol62 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:35 pm We had a Pug 404. Excellent drive. Torquey under tuned motor I would think ripe for hotting up a bit. Massive drum brakes were very effective. Would you believe at that time 15" tyres were uncommon? Michelin or the cheaper Semperit were the choices. Unconventional rear drive and suspension setup with rigid axle and drive shaft, no rear uni. Worm drive pinion gear. Rose joint at the gearbox output. I had the box out twice. Rusty as f¿?k but very comfy. Assembled in Melbourne, was a 1962.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
I have a Hilborn injection set that was ordered for one of those motors, for a speedcar. It will have it's next life in the FB on a grey :)

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.