Not the Nats diary 2023

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Not the Nats diary 2023

Post by Blacky »

We’re baaaccckkk ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We did the usual tourist stuff in Mt Gambier, I can’t get enough of the old buildings in SA -

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Checked out Blue Lake and the lookout

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then went and invited ourselves to Lesley and Rogers place for a cuppa and a chat - and had a look at the magnificent “Holden room “ ImageImage

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Onwards to the sinkhole then it was time to hit the road

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Not long after we hit the VIC border there was a hell of a racket and the speedo exploded - I had just grabbed a random one out of the pile when I was playing with the luminous paint and it was pretty erratic over about 50 mph , it made a horrendous screeching sound, I thought the starter motor had engaged itself at 110kmh when it happened ImageImage

Doing 80 mph standing still now - you can’t stop an FB ImageImageImage

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Ended up at Halls gap after thinking we might be staying at Hamilton if we couldn’t find any patrol - both towns prior to Hamilton had no petrol for some reason ….
Imagel

(In best David Attenborough voice)
“Behold the native FB - Holdenius mostawesomeium - in its natural habitat, the Australian bush . Normally an amiable creature, it is normally only roused when required to assert its dominance over a rival EK - Holdenius notquiteasgoodasus- by running rings around its foe and them marking its territory by excreting droplets of an oily substance on the ground , a truly remarkable creature and a real Australian treasure “
ImageImageImage

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then we parked up and walked to the pub for dinner and drinkies Image

Not much risk of this - Image

Full moon on the way to the pub, be mindful of bunyips and drop bears

Bloody good feed , great menu - hard to decide what to eat

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Another blue ute....

I used to stay in that pub until I got sick of lugging gear up the stairs. Old school steam spas in each room.

Nice shot of the 275kV interconnector.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
igor

Post by igor »

We have had that ute for over 30 years. Other to maintenance it is completely original.
This is the favourite of our fleet 👍🙂
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Well before they got so popular

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Slow start this morning- it was cold Image
Had a visitor on the front balcony when we went outside

Had deer Roos and emus wandering around as well - the Mrs took pics, I didn’t bother…

Headed off to Stawell for Breakfast and a look around, not that much to see so went to Great Western for some winery action.

Bests is a bit of a favourite of ours so we stocked up - lots of history here too

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Hit another one after that and bought some nice port and some chili rhubarb salsa ImageImageImage

Then off to Ararat to not go through the old jail ImageImage - was advertised as open but was shut

Saw a strange sight when we went to town for lunch afterwards- a rad that a mate of mine built years ago was in the servo - still with WA rego

Some Ararat buildings

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then off to Ballarat, drove down the Main Street and saw this joint, my Celtic blood dictated we had to stop and have a taste