2017 FB EK nationals in Launceston Tasmania

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: 2017 FB EK nationals in Launceston Tasmania

Post by Blacky »

look on the bright side guys, it's going to be cheaper to go to the WA nats in 2018 than it is to go to the Vic nats in 2017 !!!!

:lol: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
bumper
State: TAS

Post by bumper »

As has been discussed on facebook page, sorry hardly get on here due to the forum being a pain in the ass, i recommend anyone traveling to tassie to wait till after xmas to book, when they put there specials up, as we will still get a 5% discount on top, i know 5% isnt allot, but i did try to push for more, anyone after entry forms please contact me as, once again, i cant seem to load them here, cheers bumpar
wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Facebook is a pain in the arse imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote:Facebook is a pain in the arse imho.

I am on both , what I don't like about Facebook is how hard it is to find stuff from a couple of days ago , let alone weeks ago ! Build threads etc are a waste of time on there whereas on here they are easy to access.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

igor

Post by igor »

I don't "do" facebook, for lots of reasons, so hunt down info "old school", but admit we do miss out on some stuff, but "I ain't going to change."
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

igor wrote:I don't "do" facebook, for lots of reasons, so hunt down info "old school", but admit we do miss out on some stuff, but "I ain't going to change."
i'm on both and can tell you you aint missing much :wink:
it's actually getting where i am starting to feel dumber each time i go on facebook, people seem to think it's great having lots of members on their pages but when most are numbnut know nothings what is the point :?
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
60Special

Post by 60Special »

Spirit of Tassie booked, $271 each way with car if you sleep in a recliner overnight ($0). After a couple of beers and a feed that should be ok. Comfy spa unit booked at Aspect Tamar Valley Resort to recover. Now have only to book flights and car transport to Adelaide and back to Perth, accommodation in Adl, Mel, other parts of Tassie and Hobart, get the Panelvan back together and of course, entry form for the Nationals. A bit of a logistical exercise ahead but looking forward to it. Can anyone guarantee warm sunny days in June 2017?
igor

Post by igor »

We travelled to Tassie 10 years ago. (was actually walking out of the Cadbury factory when we were told that Peter Brock had been killed :( ). On that trip we went the budget option and slept in the recliner seats. It was not that bad and now the seats have been upgraded would be better I reckon. Just make sure you take a light blanket as it can get cool travelling overnight.
All in the adventure :clap:
Last February we took our caravan over and did the day sailing.
bumper

Post by bumper »

SunnyTim wrote:$972 or $1472 either ways it's priced me out.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Dunno how people think WA will be cheaper, but any way, what people have to realize is its not just putting ya car on a boat, works out at a nights accommodation, so say a typical nights stay somewhere is $150, take $300 off the $972, distance traveled using no fuel, take that of the price, and catching up with fellow fb ek owners for an extra couple of nights, priceless!!!!!!
To many times ive heard people say the nats isnt long enough! Next year will be different, i know of about 20 cars staying down there for the week after, so make it a fb ek holiday!
Only people that miss out are the ones that dont go
wanker????

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We will be going the recliner route as well , the prices for the rooms are over the top !

Will be heading down the week before and doing a lap of the Eastern side of Tas, I have worked on the west coast and have no desire to go back there

bumper

Post by bumper »

SunnyTim wrote:.......well thinking out loud it'll be disappointing Brett too if they don't as many Melbournites didn't make the huge trek to Bendigo lol

Hervey bay was great as their were allot of qld cars id never seen before even at sawtell!

I think its sad people wont travel, but hey thats their choice, i hope people make a holiday out of next year and we encourage Tasmanians over to the mainland in years to come!

I know you didnt mention perth but due to this page the only way i can post is buy using the quote button
wanker????

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
bumper

Post by bumper »

SunnyTim wrote:.......well thinking out loud it'll be disappointing Brett too if they don't as many Melbournites didn't make the huge trek to Bendigo lol

Hervey bay was great as their were allot of qld cars id never seen before even at sawtell!

I think its sad people wont travel, but hey thats their choice, i hope people make a holiday out of next year and we encourage Tasmanians over to the mainland in years to come!

I know you didnt mention perth but due to this page the only way i can post is buy using the quote button
wanker????

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Hey bumper
If you have s smartphone you can get Tapatalk app which makes following and posting on forums simple. Really handy for posting photos taken with the phone.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

bumper wrote: I know you didnt mention perth but due to this page the only way i can post is buy using the quote button

Mine does that sometimes as well , usually when I am on a minesite and only ever when I am using my phone , we have tried to fix it but its a tricky problem that cant be replicated at home so it makes it near on impossible to find :econfused: :econfused: :econfused: :econfused:

WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

Apologies Brett but I'm priced out too.
Worked out all up costs would be near $2500 for a weekend
I'm retired can't afford that :(
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W