Our pix

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

rosco
State: VIC

Our pix

Post by rosco »

Hi all,
I'm hoping others from the nats will post many pix of the entrants this year.
I took precious few - and those I took are probably not what most would want to see... mainly of vehicles I took a particular interest in.

However, as part of a "nationals" trip, this one being our furthest - I will post up some of memories which we will very warmly reflect on for years to come... enjoy

sign on Saturday

Bundaberg

Byron

Yamba

Maclean - how could I "not" take a pic of this...... the Maclean cairn. The town is embellished with Scottish Tartans on some 220 power poles.. of differing family Tartans.... this shot, at the cairn overlooking the quaint little town - was a "must" to have my old bus in its "Tartan Turquoise" in the foreground....

Angourie
Here are R&L reluctantly posing for a happy snap... the pool aside them was simply crystal clear, the surf behind breaking on the rocks and the pounding surf breaking on a low headland in the far distance was a photo opportunity simply too great to miss...

The second one is of the freshwater pool not far from the above shot... this pool was created when the rock was mined to make the breakwater... a short rail line was emplaced to convey the very heavy rock, some of it remains - along with the remnants of a small boiler, possibly from the light rail locomotive used...

R&L will most likely chastise me for posting the two pix....

And finally, here 'tis.... "Black Magic" - and it's very happy and determined owner.... our one and only "Trev"... at the Show'n'shine Sunday.

WayneXG95
State: NSW

Re: Our pix

Post by WayneXG95 »

Great pics mate.. :D
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Good stuff Rosco :thumbsup: looks like you guys really made a holiday out of it 8) 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Craig Allardyce

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Top photo's Rosco. Looked to be some very nice swimming spots for the summer.

Trev and "Black Magic" - Absolutely priceless. 8) :thumbsup:
Mick

Post by Mick »

thanks Rosco :thumbsup:
is a nats i am dissapointed i missed because of the location :(
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Great pics Rosco.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

:thumbsup: Great pics rosco spent many a summer and winter Holiday and weekends up at Angus surfing
and jumping of that very cliff In the back ground of that second pool shot in my youth
legend has it that the pools are so deep they dumped the rail carts in there
Amongst other things Yamba is a great spot
Car is looking A1 too as always :clap: :thumbsup:
EK JAY SINCE 1990
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Thanks for the pics Rosco. :thumbsup:

Black Magic eh Trev, careful that might stick.....
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

That Tartan Turquoise really Floats My Boat. It has to be one of the best colours for an EK. Maclean is a real spinout with all the tartan poles, Im glad you got saw that place. I found it once by accident years ago. Roger and Leslie make fine models in your striking scenery shots and Trevors Black Mariah has Hubcaps from the movie epic "Ben Hur"! Maroon and white Hydro Wagon is a thing of beauty and Lilac-Iris FB Van looks as HOT as ever. You guys all did the real holiday trip as you should. Thanks again for coming and thanks for the pics.
TonyTankFairlane
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

Sorry about the double up.
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

Thanks for the pics Rosco you are forgiven :lol:
yes we sure had the best time.
We arrived home yesterday after 3 weeks and 6,000k's.
cheers
Roger and Lesley
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Brian Westlake wrote:Sorry about the double up.
What double up ????? :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:

Fixed it for ya , Tony Two Times :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
rosco

Post by rosco »

igor wrote:Thanks for the pics Rosco you are forgiven :lol:
yes we sure had the best time.
We arrived home yesterday after 3 weeks and 6,000k's.
cheers
Roger and Lesley
Phew! - I was deeply concerned that my posting those pix without authority/permission may have marred a most wonderful road trip in the magnificent company of you both, along with that of Mike and Sue.

Thanks Tony, it was indeed a wonderful nationals - as we attempted to thank all the Qld club members who put it together and carried off such a memorable event.
The road trip was always going to be a rush outbound and an excellent opportunity to re-visit some of the previous locations we enjoyed on previous trips inbound.... Yamba being the highest of all.... we spent a week there, and it still wasn't enough - we could have easily been swayed to stay on if not for a unplanned family matter.... we very much love Yamba - such a beautiful location if the weather is right.

Yes, although there would have been many Tartan Turquoise EK's in the day - I note far too often that precious few remain. I am always keen to look at them - the colour does very strange things in differing light - it actually hates sunshine... ummmm yellow - even worse under yellow tungsten light.
But, it comes "alive" after sunset... just on dusk brings out the very best in the colour - it has an inbuilt resonance something akin to that of Uluru.
Of course, we all see colours differently - but this one really makes maintaining it enjoyable... I simply can't get enough shine to it, but I work very hard attempting to.

Of all the Tartan Turquoise EK's I've seen - no two of them are alike... strange colour - with so many variants.
The Dulux chemists must have been glad to have this one removed from their service list.... I've had it mixed three times now - and they are all different... even with exactly the same tints and base - strange colour, but to me - exquisite.

I do also like the Marine Blue... along with Twilight Turqouise. It's a pity we can't get the three together for a group shot.
How wonderful would they be as wedding cars in ascending order of hue........?

Ok, 'nuff from me... I'll bang in a few more pix later on... bit busy trying to clean up the old bus after some 4,500 km's of road use.... not to mention the two days of terrible rain on the Pacific/Hume to get home... it certainly was a mess once I was able to get further than steering wheel distance from it......

frats,
Rosco
rosco

Post by rosco »

Hi all,
As an epilogue to the Hervey Bay nats of 2015 -

- some 2+ months later and we drove through Hervey Bay again yesterday to reflect.
No car show on the park this time - took a pic anyway.

Seems weird to be back here so soon after the nats - this time, staying out at Burrum Heads in the Hillcrest caravan park for three nights.
It's only a 30 minute cruise into HB from here... not one FB or EK in sight "Elvis has left the building"...

To think, if we hadn't brought the old bus up here - we could have come in the van and tug and stayed up in this great warmth and almost endless days of sunshine for a further 2 months...

Leave here tomorrow for a free camp somewhere north of Brisbane - then to Yamba for another week... then four days to home via the Newell - I'm guessing it won't be long before we turn on the heater in the truck... most likely once we leave Grafton and head up towards Armidale and an overnighter at Tamworth...

We've booked this site at Burrum Heads for a week at the same time next year.. it's a very pretty place - hope the fishing is better next year.
This CP is almost exclusively filled with Victorians... there can't be too many left down there... we see Victorians more often on the roads in these parts towing caravans than from any other state.

On trips like this, we can "pick off" the places where nats have been held on the way south as we pass through...

frats,
Rosco
Finny
State: QLD

Post by Finny »

Looks like you have caught the HB bug. :D :D
And winter is almost coming to an end, not that we really noticed this year.

Was great to catch up with you Rosco.
And love some of your photos.
The one with the Yamba sign is my favorite.

Hope you have a safe journey back home. :D
IT's LIKE WATCHING DRUNK MONKEYS TRYING TO HUMP A FOOTBALL.