Our trip to Hervey Bay

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

WayneXG95
State: NSW

Re: Our trip to Hervey Bay

Post by WayneXG95 »

I think it might have something to do with having extractors and fuel pumping faster into the manifold.
Quicker out and quicker in...just a guess.. :problem:

Blueberry has the same jets as Milkshake BTW.. :)
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Rusty EK
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Rusty EK »

Thanks for the pics ,looks like you had a good time
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Rusty EK wrote:Thanks for the pics ,looks like you had a good time
We had a ball mate, how that Tassie club going?
We need a nats down there... :mrgreen:
Wayne Chambers
President
Harv

Post by Harv »

WayneXG95 wrote:I think it might have something to do with having extractors and fuel pumping faster into the manifold.
Quicker out and quicker in...just a guess.. :problem:

Blueberry has the same jets as Milkshake BTW.. :)
From what I remember,

Blueberry has a set of triples, but is only running the centre carb (next time you're at my place Wayne I'm going to get someone to distract you while I fix that!). She is running a set of 4-2-1 extractors on the exhaust side. This vehicle returned 22.2mpg.
Milkshake has a set of twins, and a runs the factory exhaust manifold. This vehicle returned 26.3mpg.

If these two vehicles are running the same set of jets, something is wrong - a set of twins should have different jets to a single strommie. Either one of them is running waaay lean (unlikely given how well they run), or one of them is running rich (much more likely). My guess is that Blueberry has the right jets in it for a single - probably something like a 51 or 53 main metering jet. Milkshake on the other hand is running rich with two carbs sucking on that size jet.

I gots me a box of Strommie jets you can borrow if you want to play with weaning Milkshake off the juice Wayne :ebiggrin:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Andrew, We returned Milkshake to factory set up a while back mate.. :)
Wayne Chambers
President
Harv

Post by Harv »

Interesting. Looks like the headers and absence of hot-box heating are doing quite some good on Blueberry.

Still needs that second and third carb opened though :evil: :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

Thanks for all the pics Uncle Wayne. I flew with Rusty down to Sydney straight after the Nats, then up to the Blue Mtns. to visit my ageing mum. Im glad you guys and gals had a good time cause it makes our hard work worth it! Doug Ramsay entered that sad old FB ute to fill a gap made by his absent Hottie FB ute that is still not finished as yet. Were glad that it created a bit of interest and even drove on and off the trailer under its own steam. We know our first Nats. in Qld. was a fair way up for most people, but I did the FB and EK models to say thanks for coming. Ironically they both stayed in Qld. (Gold Coast) Oh well, thanks again guys.
Tony FairyFlossFancier
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

Hey Wayno.
Thanks for bringing your 2 great cars up to our Nats with all your friends and family. When I was sitting in your blue car on the day of the show, just taking it all in, I felt like I was sitting in a brand new car! A real GM GEM!
Tony.
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Thanks for the invite mate, we had a great time and it went to quick... :thumbsup:
Working on Renmark Itinerary at the moment we might have 3 cars for that one! :D
Glad you enjoyed seating in Blueberry she come up real nice ay? :clap:

Where was the "FairyFloss" I missed that.. :?

How's your mom?... :)
Wayne Chambers
President
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

Hey Wayne, my old mum is sore and sorry with a bad back and a bit of pain. It was still good to see her and the old man. I was surprised when my Dad said, " if you want to go and visit anyone , take my car!" Shows how people mellow with age. I smashed my parents car when I was a Kid even before licence age ( Once into neighbors HD Premier Wagon and once into NSW Police Paddy wagon!) and my Old Man swore that I would never touch their cars again. With this new motorized freedom I promptly zipped up to Hazellbrook to see Pete (SpaceAce)
Now that Im back at work, its good to not have to spend every waking hour on those model FB and EKs.
Tony.