2015 FB EK Nationals HERVEY BAY, Qld June 6&7

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

gp
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: 2015 FB EK Nationals HERVEY BAY, Qld June 6&7

Post by gp »

What a fantastic venue for the Nationals! I've already packed my boardshorts. We might even fit in another trip to Fraser Island while we're up there. Roll on June 2015 :clap:
Bluehaze

Post by Bluehaze »

Really looking forward to the big trip from Melbourne. Nice to have one in Qld. I've already been researching cruise control kits! Also planning the duration of my stay up there. Definitely will be at least a week in the area, looks like Harvey bay and surrounds has a lot to offer.
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

We sent our entry form off last week.... and have accommodation booked...
Sounds great, Tim.... any time we can spend away from this cold, wet place in winter is desirable... but, to have the Nats as incentive is great.
We'll probably be away from here for two weeks.. nearly a week in the HB area...

Yes, Blue Haze... please let me know about your cruise control.... my right foot is getting as old as I am... and it was letting me know I am going to struggle with it as we both get older......

I'd be keen on fitting one which has adjustable "aggessive" settings - the one in the 200 is a Renault unit..(found this out through research in trying to de-sensitise it) and the blasted thing leaps into hyperspace if speed drops more than 2 km/h... throws the gearbox back and opens the injector rack right up.... this is particularly annoying when bottoming out in undulations...

Thanks for the post, Sunny Tim... been waiting for it to come up

frats,
Rosco
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

Yep us too, Accommodation stitched up, entry form sent.
Now just waiting ...waiting....waiting.... :lol:
cheers
Lesley
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

igor wrote:Yep us too, Accommodation stitched up, entry form sent.
Now just waiting ...waiting....waiting.... :lol:
cheers
Lesley
come on igor yor letting the side down doesn't yor post usually contain X days to go :ewink: :lol:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
rosco

Post by rosco »

Someone asked that just after the Cowra nats were announced, Mick.... Igor posted back that countdown would start in a few months... guess the same applies here.... but, we know it's two and a bit weeks less than 365...

Have posed up a new thread in our ACC caravan club - looking for input on what's on offer to peek at whilst up there in the limited time we have.... Fraser Island gets a strong response... but I'm not taking my bus over there and onto sand... we've got a 200 for that... I can't get them both up there..
The Bundy factory in Bundaberg (funny that) - might take a serious peek at going back in there - the chocolate licquer is bliss.... and the bond store is the only place you can get it over the counter....
Still getting feedback... and, as Mick has highlighted.... we've got time on our side at present to plan with....

frats,
Rosco
igor

Post by igor »

:lol: Stay posted Mick.....Just know that our planning has already started. :wink:
All good fun and just a little bit of silliness helps in this very very cold winter!!!
cheers
Lesley
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

igor wrote: All good fun and just a little bit of silliness helps in this very very cold winter!!!
cheers
Lesley
speaking of that you'se got so lucky on the weather in cowra weekend before nats wasn't nice here and the weekends since have been very cold and wet top of 10 today expected 6 tomorrow
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
igor

Post by igor »

Was the same here in 2012, very very good weather up to and during the nats. :thumbsup: ..from the Tuesday after it rained for a week.
Very wet cold and very windy here at the moment.
cheers
Lesley
Ek_leigh

Post by Ek_leigh »

Gents, as much as I am happy for the eastern side of Australia, but bring em' all to Perth already!
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

We are - in 2017 :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
rosco

Post by rosco »

What's this?..... are we all going "West".....?

frats,
Rosco
Ek_leigh

Post by Ek_leigh »

Hi Blacky, is it confirmed 2017 is the year? Or is it just positive thinking???
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Our AGM is this Sunday , we will be putting a proposal together but yes it should be a goer. 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Ek_leigh

Post by Ek_leigh »

Excellent!!!!! You guys can go back to getting excited about the 2015 Nat's, now that I have had my WA moment! :smile22: