Burn & Co auction at Molong

Post dates and info on upcoming events, or pictures from events that have been on...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Wrongway Roger
State: SA

Burn & Co auction at Molong

Post by Wrongway Roger »

I did the drive from Adelaide to Molong in NSW for the Burns & Co auction.
1,335 lots in total over the 2 days. 9 hours on Saturday to sell 850 lots.
There was a FB ute on a rotisserie the sold for $6,000 which seemed reasonable but not front clip or bonnet but the rotisserie was worth around $1,500, so fair price.
A windowless HJ van also on a rotisserie, again no front clip sold for $14,600.
These prices were without the 16.5% buyers premium.
This EK van sold for $5,100
EK panelvan.JPG
EK panelvan.JPG (217.49 KiB) Viewed 595 times
EK sedan sold for $3,600
EK sedan.JPG
EK sedan.JPG (308.2 KiB) Viewed 595 times
FB ute sold for $1,600
FB ute.JPG
FB ute.JPG (295.32 KiB) Viewed 595 times
FX sedan sold for $19,250
FX sedan.JPG
FX sedan.JPG (203.33 KiB) Viewed 595 times
FJ sedan sold for $15,500
FJ sedan.JPG
FJ sedan.JPG (214.53 KiB) Viewed 595 times
There was bidding war on a Chev 327 motor with powerglide on Saturday that sold for $17,500 :esurprised: .
Opening bid was more that I wanted to pay.
It came out of a rare 1960 Aussie assembled, right hand drive 4 door Belair. The car sold on Sunday, to the same guy who purchased the motor, for $40,000. :clap:
I only got a bonnet, a couple of vintage eskies, bumper for a FC, a couple of red motor heads and a ute roof cut.
Prices seems high on doors at around $350 a pair and OMG 3 fuels from sedans sold for $1,100 :esurprised:
Good front clip frames sold for $500 to $600 each and bumper sold for $50 to $500 pending condition.
Mitch and I had a great time away, travelled over 2,600 kms and only saw 1 cop car.
Cheers,
Roger
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Errol62

Re: Burn & Co auction at Molong

Post by Errol62 »

Thanks Rog, would have been a blast. I paid $700 for a good subframe recently. I reckon those prices relatively good. Not sure about the 327…..

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Wow, I thought that 327 motor was overpriced but it just goes to show if you or anybody else really wants it you must pay to secure it !!

The sedan looks quite a bargain at that price , actually the ute and Van also.

Sounds like a fun trip.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I had a watch on quite a few lots - seems like there was some good buys, panels going for $20 and up etc.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

I agree the " The sedan looks quite a bargain at that price" was a good buy as it was complete with all of the interior there.
There were 2 utes with extensive rust on the back, well into the frame with little of the floors left.
Any cheap guards were garden art, bend and rusted but they did sell.
Same as the doors that when cheaply.
I did pay the inspect each lot as photos were on the good bits. :lol:
If you have FB or EK gear there are buyers willing to pay.
Cheers,
Roger
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

The doors off the ute on the rotissorie were being sold as a lot and they went for around the $600 mark , wonder if whoever bought the ute bought them as well ....
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

There was around 120 people on site on Saturday and maybe 40 to 50 on Sunday.
A hand full of people were bidding on most lots and when home with trailers loaded.
I bid on some EK tail lights but all 6 lots sold to the same bidder. Prices were $75 to $150 a pair.

Blacky - I would have thought the started project cars, FB ute and HJ van, would have had all their bits and pieces included but they were sold a separate lots, door, guards front clip.
Cheers,
Roger
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Wrongway Roger wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:35 am
A hand full of people were bidding on most lots and when home with trailers loaded.
I bid on some EK tail lights but all 6 lots sold to the same bidder. Prices were $75 to $150 a pair.
Probably that thieving arsehole Greedybitz :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mick

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:32 pm
Wrongway Roger wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:35 am
Probably that thieving arsehole Greedybitz :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
if not it will be one of the many other grubs that are using early holdens as a retirement fund but have no other interest in them
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Mick

Post by Mick »

interesting was speaking to a friend over the weekend that lives in Molong he had previously owned some of these cars and is friends with the seller and just confirms my thinking of the more money than brains home :wink: the 327 may have come out of that chev but was not the original motor there was nothing special about that chev it was a factory 6 cylinder and was rusty, the blue HJZX van that someone paid 42k for was also a rusty van the good van body was meant to be a replacement body for the blue car my friend delivered some cars to online purchasers nobody was happy to see their purchases in the flesh
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter