It’s taken near on 40 years …..

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

It’s taken near on 40 years …..

Post by Blacky »

….. today I bought myself another FJ ute 😎😎😎😎

I sold my last one in about 1984 and have regretted it ever since, the prices now are stupid but I have kept an eye out on the off chance and my patience has been rewarded 😍😍
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Re: It’s taken near on 40 years …..

Post by Blacky »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Not a fan of the radio in the dash, that has to go.Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

All the paint appears to be in good shape even though it has been apart for a while, it’s good enough anyway , about the only thing missing is the quarter windows- they were roaches so the previous owner was going to use 1 piece glass and he tossed them out Image need to find some if anyone knows of any ??

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

It has a Rodtech front end and is set up for an injected black 202 and an auto, has VT brakes and pedal box- I think - tunnel has been enlarged, I will use my other blown 202 and a 5 speed in it Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

The guy I bought it from builds hot rods for a living, he was building this for himself but has decided to sell it and build an EK ute using the running gear out of the FJ. He also built the green ute for a customer , it’s got a red motor with auto, aircon, power steering etc - his will be the same but look dead stock apart from the wheels

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Firewall has been recessed 120mm to fit the red motor in with room for aircon drive, fan etc.Image

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Cool. That’s a lot of recess. One of these cars of yours surely has to get a small block though, right?

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Red one... they go faster :thumbsup:

Nice buy.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Fantastic, love the early humpy utes. 👍
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Errol62 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:43 am One of these cars of yours surely has to get a small block though, right?
Thunderball. Just suggest'n. :mrgreen:

https://www.fxfjholden.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4152

... there must be a Merlin in this shed somewhere.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
60Special

Post by 60Special »

You really need another project.
But nice one anyway. 👍
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

60Special wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:15 pm You really need another project.
But nice one anyway. 👍
Theres nothing worse than running out of projects - apparently :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fex
State: QLD

Post by Fex »

Blacky, Not sure if you have you sourced quarter windows yet but for reference FX and FJ are different. FX are more pointy down the bottom corner. Let me know if you need a photo or two for reference. Not sure it matters that much but I’m pretty sure the rubbers are different. They can be a bit hard to come across in good condition. There’s a nice set of FX ones over here in Brisbane but they are $390 for the pair. They have been for sale for a while though.
Cheers, Andrew
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

HMMM, $390 for the pair would be OK if they are in good nick, I have gotten hold of a passenger side one but wasn’t aware they were different between the two models? Will post a pic of it next time I am in the shed