Another find....

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

texmorton
State: VIC

Another find....

Post by texmorton »

G'day all,

A couple of photos of a pick-up during the week; yes i am fortunate of late. I have driven past this car for around 25 years on numerous trips to the Flinders Ranges, I have even thought about knocking on the door to inquire about it but it looks pretty intimidating with tall fences, roo shooting rig and ravenous dogs inside the compound. Turns out my friend north of Hawker knows the guy so I had an in this time when I was up there last week. The guy was actually pretty harmless, the car unfortunately is a little too far gone and stripped out to make it worth recovering. I did get the trim kit out of him which is great as I have two incomplete kits already so hopefully I will be able to make up two full kits now. The biggest shame about the whole deal is the Wilsonia gauge that was smashed and left out in the weather, I grabbed it anyway; maybe I will be able to do something with it.

Keep searching....Al
Attachments
FE3 dash.jpg
FE3 dash.jpg (90.42 KiB) Viewed 878 times
FE2.jpg
FE2.jpg (129.38 KiB) Viewed 878 times
FE1.jpg
FE1.jpg (111.85 KiB) Viewed 878 times
parisian62
State: NSW

Re: Another find....

Post by parisian62 »

Good stuff about the trim kit but shame about the gauges. I've learnt the hard way that when you see something to strike while the irons hot - so many times I've thought I'll come back and get that and it's already gone.
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

:thumbsup:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Looks like it's been there a while looking at the tail light lenses they are well faded.
A day in the shed beats a day at work!