2 door commodore's

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

MINT62
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by MINT62 »

EKJAY nice work!

I owned a commodore once :?
someone did me a favor and nicked it :lol:
our everyday driver is a 73 lj Torana :wink:
if something f#%*s up I can fix it, no probs
fbwanabe," worship & commodore"are two words that dont go together!!!
even tho we live in the shadows of G.M.H Elizabeth :wink:
and every second car is a commodore
doesnt mean we worship them :wink:
all good!

cheers stinga 8)
INVEST IN PRECIOUS METAL
FB wannabe

Post by FB wannabe »

Sorry for the confusion, I just assumed if you like early Holdens then you like all holdens as well. Personally I think the last good Holden they made was the VS Commodore after that they all seem poo. Granted they go like the clappers but the build quality just isn't there and are very expensive to fix. And the new commodore running a 15 year old saab motor :roll: have anyone looked at one. They look it too, a old looking p.o.s european motor that you would see in a old beemer or something.
You won't be late with a 138!
FB search

Post by FB search »

Nice one EKJay,

Interesting looking kustom kommodores. I'll throw a fly in the ointment and say the gold and black one reminds me of modern Mustang styles.

AS far as &*#@ vs Holden I appreciate them all. I love holdens but not all. I love some Fords, even love some valleygrunts among others but My all-time favourite is the FB so that's what I choose to drive.

AS far as new cars go I enjoy driving them. I don't own one and have never owned anything under 10 years old. I have never seen the point as they depreciate so fast. However when I get a chance to rent one I find them comfortable, fuel efficient, cool in the summer, warm in the winter, everything works and they're easy to drive... but still... I choose a 47 year old car, that's a challenge and requires hours of shed time and tinkering.

The people who chose to buy the Kommodores from EKJay's Dad must love them too. And I bet they turn lots of heads.

Cheers :mrgreen:
The search continues...
Nekro63

Post by Nekro63 »

Devilrod wrote:John Of Johns Rod and Kustom has a 2 door VK he built using the OPEL parts many years ago too....
And I do belive its for sale, or has been for sale for a couple of years now...!
MR HP

Re: 2 door commodore's

Post by MR HP »

just going through all the old threads and found this very intersesting im not sure weather i like the or not they are very different

as for the holden v.s &*#@ crappola i am a holden fan all the way BUT i am 15 but i would not have a commodore as a daily other than a vl calais turbo and the only commodore i would have as a toy would be a HDT VC commodore with standard look but widened stockies on the back witha bombed 308 or 355 stroker it would appear like this

or a VH SS commodore

i love 99% of the old steel bumpered falcons aslong as its neat,nice,cool and has style 8)

cheers mike
Family Cars
Mum:Cream 64 EH Special
Dad:63 EH Premier (In The Build)
Mine:Blue 69 HK Kingswood Wagon
Family:White 98 VT Executive Commodore, 85 MK Patrol Turbo Diesel

[url]http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11815[/url]
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

adayer, ones on ebay
kmawic
stef1950
State: NSW

Post by stef1950 »

This is the VL Roadster your Father built .I have owned it since 1990 Thouhgt you mightlike to know 154000k's on it now am still driving it Used it at weddings etc .Is your Dad still around ? Does anyone have any of the kits you were talking or have they all been sold ?

Regards Stef1950
Attachments
103-0356_IMG.jpg
103-0356_IMG.jpg (116.05 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
EK JAY
State: NSW

Post by EK JAY »

:D Thanks for posting the pic Stefan still looks like new mate you have looked after it well :thumbsup:
I think he has a couple of kits left he always planned to build himself a black wallkinshaw 2 door hard top
Factory look 8) but too many hot rods builds got in the way I can PM you his number if you like
I'm sure he would part with Them as he now is in his 70 s and has too many projects still to finish
Cheers Jay
EK JAY SINCE 1990
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

awesome
kmawic