Heading to the Dark Side

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

SC00BB
State: NSW

Heading to the Dark Side

Post by SC00BB »

I know I know it's a &*#@ but it's still cool 8) 8) 8)

This is my new toy to replace the hole left by Helenor, it's a 66 &*#@ Fairmont XP running a 289 Windsor, C4 & 8 3/4 inch diff.
Had my brother in law check it out in Queensland then flew up and drove it home, got some pics below of the trip back.
Was a great road trip.

I plan to just do my own little touches here and there, interior needs a bit of a clean and tidy and then drive the wheels off it. :D

EK JAY

Re: Heading to the Dark Side

Post by EK JAY »

:thumbsup: Nice Scoobb but come on at least you could have gotten a coupe :lol:
EK JAY SINCE 1990
SC00BB

Post by SC00BB »

EK JAY wrote::thumbsup: Nice Scoobb but come on at least you could have gotten a coupe :lol:
Nah mate I actually wanted a wagon if I could of found a good one but I like the sedans over the coupes anyway, better for the kids too. :wink:
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Post by Craig Allardyce »

I think I know this car. Was the owner in or ex Army? I knew of a similar XP in Brisbane around 1995. Started out as stock resto that ended up to similar as what you have bought. Featured in some write ups too.
SC00BB

Post by SC00BB »

Craig Allardyce wrote:I think I know this car. Was the owner in or ex Army? I knew of a similar XP in Brisbane around 1995. Started out as stock resto that ended up to similar as what you have bought. Featured in some write ups too.
No this bloke has only lived in Queensland for 12 months, he lived 15 minutes from me before that!!!! :crazy:
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Hi Scoob,

My family has a car identical to this but without the Windsor instead a 250ci, 3 speed borg warner auto and a cut down borg warner diff.

I must honestly say this particular model is one of the lightest non power steering cars I have driven and the dual suspension arms with the spring on top makes for superb handling and smooth ride. I hate to say this but FRRORD in my opinion was leaps and bounds ahead of Holden in this timeframe for suspension technology !
Other great features of this model Fairmont was disc brakes, bucket seats, interior lighting front and back, padded dash, carpet, 2 speed wipers etc etc. What a great time the sixties were !

Anyway great looking car, I hope you enjoy it as much as the FB.

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

SC00BB wrote:
EK JAY wrote::thumbsup: Nice Scoobb but come on at least you could have gotten a coupe :lol:
Nah mate I actually wanted a wagon if I could of found a good one but I like the sedans over the coupes anyway, better for the kids too. :wink:
Yeah I here you mate I've got 4 kids
I nearly brought a xp coupe as my first car factory black pursuit model but the guy pulled out of the sale literally
As I was about to drive it onto the trailer ended up buying the ek sedan a few days later :thumbsup:
EK JAY SINCE 1990
SC00BB

Post by SC00BB »

EK283 wrote:Hi Scoob,

My family has a car identical to this but without the Windsor instead a 250ci, 3 speed borg warner auto and a cut down borg warner diff.

I must honestly say this particular model is one of the lightest non power steering cars I have driven and the dual suspension arms with the spring on top makes for superb handling and smooth ride. I hate to say this but FRRORD in my opinion was leaps and bounds ahead of Holden in this timeframe for suspension technology !
Other great features of this model Fairmont was disc brakes, bucket seats, interior lighting front and back, padded dash, carpet, 2 speed wipers etc etc. What a great time the sixties were !

Regards Greg
Agreed I can't believe how good it handles compared to the FB, both good cars in their own right, go the sixties :thumbsup:
briby

Post by briby »

SC00BB wrote:
EK283 wrote:Hi Scoob,

Regards Greg
Agreed I can't believe how good it handles compared to the FB, both good cars in their own right, go the sixties :thumbsup:
Well Scoobb, so different to the FB in many ways, very nice & understated. Even though i'm a Holden bloke, i don't mind admitting when a ?%&d is a good looking car, eg. mustangs, ?%&d GTs.
A place for everything and everything in it's place, just can't remember where that place is.
DOLLER60

Post by DOLLER60 »

Mate if you had to go to the DARK side you've picked the right model. Very subtle and un assuming- beautiful lines :thumbsup: