FB Ute with a nice body

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

59wagon
State: WA

Re: FB Ute with a nice body

Post by 59wagon »

Congratulations, Clay. Saving another one 😀
Errol62
State: SA

FB Ute with a nice body

Post by Errol62 »

Thanks fellas!
I know a van body I might be able to hit up for a donor panel around the tank. No, not my ek! Main thing is that rails are okay. We’ll see about the top of the tank. If it’s bad I will consider the standard commo mod like Neil et al, though I would like to keep original. Not sure what the go is on club reg in SA now. I know it’s been freed up around safety upgrades. Have to talk to stinky and roger maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
59wagon

Post by 59wagon »

Ok mate, so what you gonna finish first, the van or the ute, or is that up to the missus? :smile2:
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

The Ute will be on the road with out too much fuss hopefully John. The van is a longer term proposition

EK van on rotisserie
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

Onya Clay,

You've crossed to the dark side and gone and got yourself an FB :thumbsup: Utes are very cool, maybe I am biased? It looks like you have got a very good project there. Will be interested to follow your progress on this as you go back to the old grey.

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Currently this has a 186 which looks to be HR as it has no pcv. The block number looks dodgy to me. Image
V680077?
I expected it to have a 186 preference and neater stamping. Anyone confirm this as I will see if vic reg have this recorded and I can transfer over without going over the pits which wouldn’t pass due to stock brakes vacuum wipers etc.
cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

"V" on it's own is a little unusual. For the GMH sixes,

VD is VB to VH Commodore (Red and blue) 173ci engine.
VL is VB to VK Commodore (Red, Blue and Black) 202ci engine (it was also the VR-VS 5.7L 215kW 308ci engine).
VM is VB Commodore to VK Commodore (Red, Blue and Black) Low Compression 202ci engine (VM was also the VT 179kW plus VSIII ute and Statesman 179kW and SIII ute and Statesman with HBD 195kW 308ci engines).
VK is VK Commodore EFI 202ci engine (VK was also the VN Group A 4-bolt (plus other 4-bolt models eg VP GTS) 308ci engines).

"V" could be Victorian Police (overstamped a recovered vehicle), though I thought they were mainly VP prefixed.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Thanks Harv and Tim. Very helpful. I’ll have a go at walk in reg.

EK van on rotisserie
thebrotherj

Post by thebrotherj »

oh wow I'm stuck in my own ute-land, I missed that you bought this. Well done Clay! Did you drop the news on Valentines day or is it still under yer hat?
Errol62

FB Ute with a nice body

Post by Errol62 »

Night before Joe.

She runs Bosch lights. One is holed. Unfamiliar with these. This car is a little bit different in quite a few things. I’ve got Lucas aplenty.

EK van on rotisserie
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Clay,

"One is holed" is capable of multiple interpretations.
The lens has a hole in it?
Or, the reflector has a hole for a parking lamp (FJ and FE)?
I think I have a couple of surplus-to-requirements Bosch headlights at home.

Rob
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Hi Rob,
Sorry, it has been a busy day. Solo 700km round trip to Port Augusta today. I even did some work while I was up there.

Bye the way I can report that there are zero FB EK parts at Manners Wreckers Port Pirie. Even though I had a windscreen from there about 1990.

One of the Bosch lenses has a stone hole in it. I have Lucas and Hella H4. Something in the back of my mind says that the buckets may be different or is that limited to FE FC? In any case if you have a surplus one I would like to get it from you at some point. I do like this point of difference in the car although for all I know they are not uncommon on FBs. This is my first ever FB, being a firmly entrenched EK owner. I think Elle’s FC had Lucas headlights.

I have quite a few FB EK bits and pieces if there is anything you need. Perhaps we could do a swap.

Cheers
Clay

EK van on rotisserie
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Clay,

Port Augusta and back in a day is no mean feat. Although I have always gone over Horrocks Pass . . . depends on where you live, though.

I'm doing a major re-organization of the spare parts department to receive my grandfather's wood lathe from Perth. I think I "lent" the Bosch headlamps to one of the guys in the humpy club for his FJ, but he said the reflectors don't have the holes for the parking lamps, so he can't use them. Humpy club AGM Monday, I'll ask him to bring them so I can get them back.

Rob
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ardiesse wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:28 pm I'm doing a major re-organization of the spare parts department to receive my grandfather's wood lathe from Perth.

Rob
You could pick it up yourself in June :D :D
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

The Nats in Perth would be my tenth NSW-WA road trip . . . but (unfortunately) I sold the family EK in '89.
I remember the trip we did in 1968, and somewhere near the SA-WA border going west it rained and turned the Eyre Highway into an ice-rink. The EK spent very little time travelling in the same direction as it was pointed. My father was enjoying himself at the wheel, but the sense of confidence did not spread to his six-year-old son in the back seat . . .
Back on-topic: I'll have the Bosch headlamps on Monday evening, confirmed.

Rob