FB Ute with a nice body

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

FB Ute with a nice body

Post by Errol62 »

Had a gander at this yoot when I purchased a sun visor for my project the other day
The body looked to be in very good condition rust wise. Didn’t appear to be any serious rust in the floors, inner sills, body members or sub frame. Doors and outer sills had minor rust. The guards were pretty bad. The spare wheel door and rear tray had been replaced with steel sheet screwed to the body with self tappers and the radiator supports had been hacked out with oxy to accomodate EH radiator. A 186 with extractors had been bolted up to the crash box.
Came from the factory with no indicators
Been parked up in a shed in country Victoria for many years. I’ve posted the body plate and subframe number for the records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Re: FB Ute with a nice body

Post by Errol62 »

?

EK van on rotisserie
kyms355

Post by kyms355 »

SunnyTim wrote:Is it for sale?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Is now. I've just loaded on gumtree.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

gpi
State: VIC

Post by gpi »

kyms355

Post by kyms355 »

Thanks Image

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Bonnet bar is pretty good on this car. So is the sub frame apart from a hack job on the radiator suppprt panels either side of the opening. Bit of a mystery what is under the tray although from underneath it looks good. Easily fixed hole in the roof but the head lining would be harder. That 186 would have to go. I have a grey that what’s supposedly running prior to wintering in my front yard. Clutch and brakes well I’ve got plenty of parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EK van on rotisserie
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

Sold (or no longer available) what was the asking price?
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

EK van on rotisserie
oz_ek

Post by oz_ek »

Errol62 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 pm Bonnet bar is pretty good on this car. So is the sub frame apart from a hack job on the radiator suppprt panels either side of the opening. Bit of a mystery what is under the tray although from underneath it looks good. Easily fixed hole in the roof but the head lining would be harder. That 186 would have to go. I have a grey that what’s supposedly running prior to wintering in my front yard. Clutch and brakes well I’ve got plenty of parts.

You've bought it?
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Well I do like wedgewood blue, almost as much as Valletta green. The bumperettes are pretty good on it. My sweetheart likes utes, she’s a farm girl by origin. Panel vans remind her of hearses apparently. I wonder what is under that steel sheet tray floor.

EK van on rotisserie
kyms355

Post by kyms355 »

Errol62 wrote:Well I do like wedgewood blue, almost as much as Valletta green. The bumperettes are pretty good on it. My sweetheart likes utes, she’s a farm girl by origin. Panel vans remind her of hearses apparently. I wonder what is under that steel sheet tray floor.

I started taking the screws out last week of the floor, the ones at cabin end are now loaded with crc to help remove but the back end when i lifted it looks reasonable. I'm looking fwd to following your progress...

oz_ek

Post by oz_ek »

I believe I seen that ute for sale on FB in its 'as found' state.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

That would have been a year or two ago and car was obtained by word of mouth do maybe not. It did come from country vic though Phil.

EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I can now say I’ve secured this Ute although I haven’t told my sweetheart yet. Had a very good suggestion from the vendor Kim’s wife Deb to buy some flowers prior to making the announcement.

Had a better look today. The doors aren’t bad at all. Glass and trim are largely intact. I’m hoping the outer sills will clean up okay. The worst of it seems to be passenger side rear next to the fuel tank.
The plan is to tidy up and get on the road smartly in its rough original condition. I am assuming it will have to go to inspection as it is unknown to SA motor reg. I’ll need to repair the fuel tank area, get some indicators happening, brakes are an unknown and fit grey motor and get running. Electrics have been converted to alternator however old reg is still on the firewall.

I would like to do something about the paint. It seems like a softish plastic paint almost like house paint. I’m hoping to remove it and try and reveal the original wedgewood blue. I’m open to any suggestions on this. The roof and sides do have quite a few minor dents as you would expect of an old workhorse.

Looks like I’ve joined the Ute brigade, and an FB at that.
Cheers
Clay

EK van on rotisserie
oz_ek

Post by oz_ek »

Well done Clay! :thumbsup: