TAILSPIN TWO-DOOR FB HOLDEN DEBUTS AT MOTOREX

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Tasek
State: TAS

TAILSPIN TWO-DOOR FB HOLDEN DEBUTS AT MOTOREX

Post by Tasek »

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but I was blown away when I was shown the video
http://www.streetmachine.com.au/street- ... -tailspin/

http://www.streetmachine.com.au/events/ ... rex-video/

Cooper Customs
State: NSW

Re: TAILSPIN TWO-DOOR FB HOLDEN DEBUTS AT MOTOREX

Post by Cooper Customs »

quite possibly the single biggest waste of time in automotive history. 11,000 + hrs
impression was built in 12,000 hrs, and look at the lines on that car.

the proportions are all wrong, the idea to use a late model (R33 skyline) cab to begin with is $*#@ stupid. followed by the most horrible color choice possible.

i was given some advice when i was younger:

there's two types of people that build custom cars, people with all the fabrication skills, and no idea for lines and proportions, and then there's the opposite, someone who may not have all the fabrication skills and tooling/machinery etc, but knows how to style a custom car...

the people involved in this car are the first type of person.
Custom • Race • Restoration
www.coopercustoms.com.au
Harv

Post by Harv »

Cooper Customs wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:16 pm there's two types of people that build custom cars, people with all the fabrication skills, and no idea for lines and proportions, and then there's the opposite, someone who may not have all the fabrication skills and tooling/machinery etc, but knows how to style a custom car...

the people involved in this car are the first type of person.
Nope, there's at least one more type of person: people with varying degrees of fabrication skills, who recognise that there are varying views on what a custom line and proportion are, and are polite enough to recognise when others have built something different, even when it is not to their taste.

I hope I'm that type of person.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Mick

Post by Mick »

this should be like facebook and have a like button harv so i could like your post :thumbsup:
people if they don't like something should just quietly appreciate the work gone in until they have done something better as an example of what they think is correct :ebiggrin:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cooper Customs

Post by Cooper Customs »

Mick wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:43 pm this should be like facebook and have a like button harv so i could like your post :thumbsup:
people if they don't like something should just quietly appreciate the work gone in until they have done something better as an example of what they think is correct :ebiggrin:
ive been building custom cars for a long time, i did all the body work on slammed 60, then had the chance to do some paint work on it with winfield, helped on wild cad, and another 51 chevy painted by winfield. if you think that car is good or well done or whatever else, your part of the problem with the summernats scene.

just like the hq ute that won summernats grand champion, with a box tube tray and horrible body work, the list could go on...
www.coopercustoms.com.au
gpi
State: VIC

Post by gpi »

the only thing everyone will agree on is that they totally look like fancy parkers when they go to the shops
Mick

Post by Mick »

Cooper Customs wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:54 pm
Mick wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:43 pm this should be like facebook and have a like button harv so i could like your post :thumbsup:
ive been building custom cars for a long time, i did all the body work on slammed 60, then had the chance to do some paint work on it with winfield, helped on wild cad, and another 51 chevy painted by winfield. if you think that car is good or well done or whatever else, your part of the problem with the summernats scene.

just like the hq ute that won summernats grand champion, with a box tube tray and horrible body work, the list could go on...
ALL the body work on slammed 60??? what were you the guy sticking the paint in the gun for Gene :lol:
you like to talk yourself up seen it before on this forum and when called out for proof you dissapeared, all i saw on your web site was flared guards on jap cars, nice work but still just flares on jap cars
i don't think it's a nice car it's a very well done car and WHEN you can show ANY metal working skills that come anywhere near what was done on that car i'll listen to your "expert" opinions :lol: :lol:
as for show cars i have no interest at all in them i like cars that drive

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
ekv8ute
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by ekv8ute »

While i agree with cooper customs about the waste of time I admit that the builders have handled the grafting together of everything in a tradesman like manner.
“Custom” is open to interpretation and if we all liked one particular custom then we would see a lot of the same stuff which seems to go against what custom means.
I don’t think I could drive such a hideous thing, but it deserves a place somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BILLY BLACKARROW

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

It's not my cup of tea .But a lot of work gone into it .
BILLY :arrow:
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Cooper Customs

Post by Cooper Customs »

Mick wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 pm
Cooper Customs wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:54 pm

ALL the body work on slammed 60??? what were you the guy sticking the paint in the gun for Gene :lol:
you like to talk yourself up seen it before on this forum and when called out for proof you dissapeared, all i saw on your web site was flared guards on jap cars, nice work but still just flares on jap cars
i don't think it's a nice car it's a very well done car and WHEN you can show ANY metal working skills that come anywhere near what was done on that car i'll listen to your "expert" opinions :lol: :lol:
as for show cars i have no interest at all in them i like cars that drive

yes, there are alot of jap cars here atm, unfortuneatly i have to build what the client wants on that particular car.

i didnt disapear, i just realised it wasnt worth arguing over, i work with cars every day, and have worked on alot of high end car, i dont need to prove anything to anyone bro.

all im saying is tail spin is horrible, just like any custom car builder will tell you, not only myself
www.coopercustoms.com.au
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

For my 2 cents worth
Whether you like the car or not I think you have to appreciate the balls to take on such a project and isn't that why it is called customising but then again I suppose guys like George and Sam Barris, Boyd Coddington and younger fellows like Chip Foose for instance have done nothing for the custom car scene either; just saying :ughh:

FireKraka
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Just acknowledging what everyone is saying here. It's very skilled work technically. Not my cup of tea. You took the words right out of my mouth Billy. Neither is Summernats or the show car scene but I don't bag it, on here at least.
I think Harv's point is that there is a general rule on this forum of positivity and encouragement.
Someone new on the site ranting in the negative inevitably gets others backs up. Let's get back to hearing about each other's projects. Looking forward to seeing progress on your build CC.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Cooper Customs

Post by Cooper Customs »

Errol62 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:41 pm Just acknowledging what everyone is saying here. It's very skilled work technically. Not my cup of tea. You took the words right out of my mouth Billy. Neither is Summernats or the show car scene but I don't bag it, on here at least.
I think Harv's point is that there is a general rule on this forum of positivity and encouragement.
Someone new on the site ranting in the negative inevitably gets others backs up. Let's get back to hearing about each other's projects. Looking forward to seeing progress on your build CC.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i agree, thanks

i just really dont like the car, and i find it a conflict of intrest that the painter is also a judge. although i have met him before a few times, and think he is a super nice guy, i just dont think its right to have the painter on the judging team at motorex and summernats.
www.coopercustoms.com.au
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Cooper Customs wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:24 pm
i just really dont like the car, and i find it a conflict of intrest that the painter is also a judge. although i have met him before a few times, and think he is a super nice guy, i just dont think its right to have the painter on the judging team at motorex and summernats.
Agree 110% with that , no matter how well it is put together it just looks wrong, and also about the painter bit - a clear conflict of interest there :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Mick

Post by Mick »

ANYBODY around the car scene that doesn't know it's not what you know but who you know when it comes to judging hasn't been around very long or hasn't been paying much attention, a lot of the summernats top cars some of the judges have had involvement in or are good friends with the people that did or the owners (as with most shows)
years ago i've had 2 customs in the one show and the only 2 customs in the show so knew i was on a winner :lol: the one that won i dissagreed with as the other was a far more modified and way better detailed car when i asked why the answer was we prefer a holden over a morris :roll: :?

i liked the original concept drawings done years ago but transfered to metal i don't think it worked, but i'm not a fan of bagging people's work especially when it is such high quality work (the work not the final product) untill i've done better

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter