2 door FB wagon build in SA

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

bumper
State: TAS

Re: 2 door FB wagon build in SA

Post by bumper »

shedpest wrote:They have done an excellent job of f******g up a perfectly good car.

I love these sort of responses, the wagon had/has quite a few rust issues, most people would prob have cut it up for parts, I speak to Arron quite a bit on Facebook and have helped him with a few questions his had, I also recommended this forum to him but with comments like that it's not real welcoming,

But apart from that,

I do like that this wagon had been saved, allot better than the blue one in my opinion (it's a FB :grin: ) and I've been lucky enough to be invited to meet Arron and Mira whilst I'm over in Adelaide next fortnight, I do hope to see this wagon in person, I will try to take a few more pics
wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Well said Brett. Definitely get some pics!
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Post by Craig Allardyce »

X2 :thumbsup: .
shedpest
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by shedpest »

[quote= I also recommended this forum to him but with comments like that it's not real welcoming[/quote]
I give the guy credit for his panel skills but really if you want a Nomad wagon, just buy one
I just don't get it..... turning strawberry jam into dog shit with a gas axe
Cal

Post by Cal »

A bit harsh :lol: It wasn't exactly strawberry jam to begin with.

Although it's not to everyone's tastes, they haven't exactly rooted it or turned it into 'dog shit' either.

Each to their own I guess .
NoMAD
State: WA

Post by NoMAD »

that's sweet... going to be awesome when finished...

then again i may be partial to a nomad :ebiggrin: :roll: :roll:

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

shedpest wrote:
I also recommended this forum to him but with comments like that it's not real welcoming[/quote wrote: I give the guy credit for his panel skills but really if you want a Nomad wagon, just buy one
I just don't get it..... turning strawberry jam into dog shit with a gas axe
:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah they made heaps of FB nomads :lol: :lol: :lol: I spose you believe the one about premier prototypes aswell :roll: :lol: but wouldn't expect a restorer to understand being individual and wanting to create instead of just fix and copy :roll: :roll: :roll:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Man they made thousands of fbs. So what if one gets customised. That guy is creating a work of art with his bare hands.
How many restorers have wrecked out cars that were viable prospects just to hang all the spares on the walls.
My biggest gripe is unfnished projects. It looks like this one will get done. Good on him..cut it up some more mate.
steved57

Post by steved57 »

I agree it looks good, and he's doing some quality work - but Jeez I'd get sick of banging me noggin every time I got in or out of the thing.
iso007

Post by iso007 »

What we have here is a failure to communicate. I remember the first time I posted here I got the most ridiculous comments I could have imagined. Even when you put your car in a show you hear the biggest load of tripe from seemingly intelligent men. I look at this car and all I feel is envy for his commitment and skill. To me that overrides everything that I may consider about the actual build. I respect his vision and his work to date. I could not even summons up a negative comment about it. I know of several builders in the past who won't post here because of the negative posts about their work. And to me the forum is the loser for that. I just don't understand it. Ive got an fx with a 4" chop and if you can't get into that without hitting your head then your head is too friggin' big. And yet I hear every bloke that Walks up to it with his band of know-all mates saying the same thing. They must never have tried to drive a mini minor either. I followed a post of an fc build once and the guys workmanship and organisational skills were breathtaking. Yet again there were several knockers who took a swipe at him at every turn. Stuff me if the biggest knocker offered to buy it from him as soon as he had it finished. I wish i had the time and skill to build what this guy has built. Rant finished
choppedfan

Post by choppedfan »

I like it, but I am biased towards customs :thumbsup:

Hope you keep posting progress pics and information and guys its not like he started with a concourse restoration, good to see another old Holden rising from the ashes (or should I say rust) :wink:

Mick 8)
Bluehaze

Post by Bluehaze »

How do you do the rear side glass?
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

sorry if I offended some restorers also :oops: just the narrow minded ones get under my skin :x :lol:
Bluehaze wrote:How do you do the rear side glass?
at a guess i'de say maybe 2 piece but kinda hard with the curve maybe will go with lexan or custom made
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

I'd fill the side windows with steel, windowless style 8)
V8ratrod

Post by V8ratrod »

Luv ur work bring on the customs an chop till u drop
No side windows an a roof chop would look awesome with bonnet an tail gate louvers :evilll: