Brodie's EK.

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Brodie
State: NOT ENTERED

Brodie's EK.

Post by Brodie »

Hi all,

Just bought myself an EK. It's my first car and im pretty stoked.

She's very original. Apart from the left fin area and the bottoms of the front guards it still has the original paint, as you can see from the photos its worn through in a some spots, mostly tops of guards, doors and boot. Still has the original floors and sills etc. Its had all new shocks, rear spring pins and bushes, steering box and column, brakes, some motor and box seals/gaskets etc. So apart from a slight gudgeon knock the mechanicals are great. Its showing 5000 on the clock and my guess would be its only on its second time around. The car came from Queensland.

It had a whack in the left fin a while ago and has cracks/crows feet through that area. The only rust in the car is in the bottom of the left rear quarter, due to the hit, and some pin holes in the front passenger floor pan. The front left guard has bow'd and theres little dings here and there but shes a very honest and i reckon a pretty sweet car... Dad reckons she still has the 'new smell' lol.

Also thanks to dad having an FB, i can pinch all his spares :) I've yet to put anything on but so far i've nicked a set of venetians, two rear bumper sections and over riders, a hubcap (came with three EK and one HR) and trim for my torn front seat. i love it!

At the moment i'm just putting some seat belts in it (its had some in previously but they've been taken out) along with a new windscreen and enough fish oil to swim in, then it'll be taken over the pits. Followed by many hours cruzin on L's. :D :D

Once its rego'd i'll be lowering it a couple inches on all corners. Along with cruzin skirts and other little cosmetic stuff. Although, Im unsure what i want to do with the wheels. Any suggestions?

Another thing im unsure of that needs alot more thought is where im going with the car... I dunno whether i want to keep it original or modify :? I was looking for (and still want) an FB/EK with a red motor and HR front end etc but couldnt find anything reasonable and couldnt pass up on this. So yeah, do i keep this like it is, really original, and sell it later on and buy one already done with what will most likely be a worse body. Or hold on to this one because of its good base/body and do the red/HR front end and 5 speed conversion?

Also later down the track when i have more money and experience, dad has a 4Ltr Lexus motor that he was going to put in his FJ but things have changed and he's no longer doing that so he said we can chuck that in one day, whether it'll be this car or another im not sure yet..

Anyway, enough dribble here are some pics. Hope ya's like..

Brodie. 8)
[img]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww162/brodie_mitchell/av-49951.gif[/img]
Trev

Post by Trev »

Very nice start Brodie, I thing you have the rite idea with rego/ lower n cruize :D , too many people get the car they want then pull it apart and don't get to enjoy it for a couple of years :roll: .
Wheels are a very personal thing, depending on your taste and bank balance , if you update the wheels means new tyres as-well, what are the 13's like?
Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
(AUST)Mod
State: WA

Post by (AUST)Mod »

very noice

modify!
Craig wrote: Andrew you have a red so I wouldn't race it :wink:

Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

Hey Brodie,

You have a very nice project there 8) . Smart buy too - looks like it is in very good condition with minimal rust (hard to find these days). Ditto what Trev said - good on you for wanting to get out there and enjoy it before pulling it apart. :D

If a red motor 5 speed EK is what you really want, then modify this one. After all, it is you who must be happy with the car. Check first with the WA rego authorities on the rules for young drivers and modified vehicles (you don't want to do mods only to find out you can no longer drive the car). Also, putting in a 186 red motor and 5 speed probably will require an engineer's certificate. In any case, getting it out and about for a cruise and getting a feel for the car will help you decide what you want to do.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Nice pickup - looks like a bargain. 8)

Good idea to cruise in it this summer , get your bits together , donk , box , front end , etc then do the conversion in winter. Nothing worse than having your car in bits when all the big cruises are on :cry:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
J

Post by J »

ah I love that colour...
dump it in the weeds, none of that "i only wanna take 2 inches out" business.
set of original hubcaps and some flappers would look good, and maybe chuck that visor on?

I personally think it is too stock to modify, maybe just get a nice dress up kit for the engine and do some cool stuff to the interior n leave it like that 8)
mrs ratbox

Re: Brodie's EK.

Post by mrs ratbox »

Brodie wrote: Its showing 5000 on the clock and my guess would be its only on its second time around.
good to see someone that because that's what the speedo shows doesn't nessisarilly meen that there the actuall miles :lol:

good looking car too 8) my first registered car was a gray EK :) hope you don't do what i did to mine and put it on it's lid :( :lol:
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

J wrote: I personally think it is too stock to modify, maybe just get a nice dress up kit for the engine and do some cool stuff to the interior n leave it like that 8)
they're never to stock to modify :twisted:
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Excellent ride Brodie! 8) 8) The car looks nice and straight with great chrome!

my thoughts........ drop it a few inches, flappers, moonies...... 8) . Under the bonnet, maybe some chrome dress up gear then cruise in style!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

J wrote:I personally think it is too stock to modify, maybe just get a nice dress up kit for the engine and do some cool stuff to the interior n leave it like that 8)
Did you bump your head J? Or has someone hacked your login. Sure doesn't sound like you!!!

Brodie, great starting point for whatever you want to do to it. But like others have said enjoy driving it for a few months while you sort out what you want to do and gather bits.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Brod's! nice pickup dude... finally! i've been keeping my eyes out for modified ones for you but didnt think you were going to buy interstate...

i like the colour dude...the front on shot looks awesome!

I'll have to come round and check it out at some point... and as for the debate...

Modifiy! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: do what you want with it man, your the one that has to live with it... plus start soon and you could have it done by your P's! if you need anything - like a motor let me know!

cheers
NoMAD
FB1960

Post by FB1960 »

Great buy
Hope you enjoy the ride
Like the others have said, enjoy the summer months first and then do your mods
Do forget to top up your brake fluid, looks to be a bit low
Not wanting to scare you, having just done a HR conversion recently they're aren't as cheap these days due to parts getting harder to obtain.
Willing to go through the process with you, what was done with the engineering and licensing paperwork process.
Last edited by FB1960 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Marty
Going nowhere, getting there fast
Finny
State: QLD

Post by Finny »

Looks good. 8) 8) 8) 8)

I had one as my first car.
Your very lucky. :D :D

Amazes me that good EK's keep coming out of the woodwork.

ENJOY :D :D
IT's LIKE WATCHING DRUNK MONKEYS TRYING TO HUMP A FOOTBALL.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hi Brodie, a very nice original car! I would low it with some wide wheels.

Can you please post up the ID Tag, chassis and engine number for our research?

I would keep the car as original as possible. The old girl has lasted 47 years they way she is. There are plenty out there to mod that aren't original.

Still looks marvelous for 105,000 miles :) It's just run in! Love the oxide coming through ...

Steve
POPS

Post by POPS »

:D :D :D Good pik up Brodie, if you and your Dad are still interested in talking to my mate who lives in your area about your upholstery I'm going to try n catch up with him this week so he can look at my bench seat that has what I think is collapsed seat springs. If you are interested in seeing what he can do for you just let me know.

POPS