22inch Ek

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

kiid61
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by kiid61 »

Deleted.
Last edited by kiid61 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(AUST)Mod
State: WA

Post by (AUST)Mod »

matches wrote:
(AUST)Mod wrote:Just remember, with anything bigger than 15" or so, you sacrifice lowering potential, and a low car always looks better :twisted:
i can understand width would be a factor, but how would diameter affect lowering potential (with 22's the wheel alone is probably bigger than standard wheel & tyre :shock: ) ? (as long as your tyre wheel combo maintains same rolling diameter)
cheers, luke.
PS: i was thinking of this same style of wheel in 18's, my mate had some so we threw them on and they look like a really chrappy micro machine (proportions right out the window)
here's a photoshop of ek with approx 18-19"
Because with large diameter wheels, they foul on the outer edge of the front guards when lowered, and will also hit the top of the wheel arches in the rear.
Craig wrote: Andrew you have a red so I wouldn't race it :wink:

my70wg

Post by my70wg »

even with rear end modification like he said he was gonna do???

aidan...
i'll get there....
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

I actually think the wires would look OK based on Aust Mods picture version and certainly would look better than some of the stupid looking bling bling wheels that I've seen on some cars , but like someone else said, maybe in 22 inch it might make the car look out of proportion ?? .

I'd hate to clean 'em though :wink: :wink: :wink: .
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
matches

Post by matches »

(AUST)Mod wrote:Because with large diameter wheels, they foul on the outer edge of the front guards when lowered, and will also hit the top of the wheel arches in the rear.
correct offset for the wheel wells and appropriate rim width would make these problems obsolete (if rolling diameter the same as original wheels. which can't be done with 22's (205/25 x 20" is exactly the same diameter ))
Last edited by matches on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

:roll: If it any help the FB/EK original fitted rolling wheel/tyre combo with crossply Olympics is exactly 24 inches diameter.
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
kiid61

Post by kiid61 »

Deleted.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

kiid61 wrote:I agree its a "hit n miss" they may look awesome but it may suck balls. Im not worried at all about modification. I've jammed a v8, new chassis rails and a bunch more stuff into this thing. A little rear end modification isnt going to sway me or pose any problems... Anythings possible, the only issue it time and money.... Plus it doesnt always depend on the inch size of the rim. Its about rolling diameter... No, they wont fit.. Im going to try make them fit.
Don't forget all the inner guards at the front too. Mine fouls the outer lip on full lock but I have'nt done any mods and its fairly low. Turning will be the biggest issue, have a look at Harko's handywork. I have a feeling you may be needing to do something similar. Post up some pics when you can, would be good to see what you've done so far.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
kiid61

Post by kiid61 »

Deleted.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

kiid61 wrote:Who is harko?...

Harko is one of the maddest of the mad fabricators on here 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
(AUST)Mod

Post by (AUST)Mod »

kiid61 wrote:Who is harko?...
The king of cool car styling 8)
Craig wrote: Andrew you have a red so I wouldn't race it :wink:

J

Post by J »

Maybe we should stop bagging the guy and give him some constructive criticism?

well like austmod and yourself kid61, i am also reasonably young and i own an ek.

like I do sometimes, you think... ah theyre old they dno what i wanna do, but take advice from us younger ones who are pretty involved in the modified car scene. 22 inches is ridiculous, my mate had some on his 300c, they lookd good on that car but on a 4 door car classic car with fins? itd look weird.

Not tryin to burst ur bubble or whatver, go for it if u wanna try it. Who knows it might look alright... but if you are doing mods like 4 linking the rear and tubbing shit why would u wanna put big ass rims on it?

If my car was bagged id be laying frame on the freeway and filming the sparks shooting from the ass end. The lower the sexier...

I saw a donk in virginia, dumbest fn thing ive seen in my life.. and is purely just a rich rapper fad

Here is a collection of bagged classic cars... u cant tell me these arent sexy!

So tell me, would u rather a sexy, low, classy car which has nice proportions or something ridiculous?

Ur decision, im not gonna hate u if you do it. Start a build thread so we can see what ur upto, even if people dont like ur car they will still give you some advice with things you need help with. I wouldnt mind seeing what an ek looks like on 22's haha. Just if i went to that effort id do something different.

Cheers
Jay

ps: nice side shot matches, wonder where u got that from ;)
vmx-mxr
State: NSW

Post by vmx-mxr »

The shot of Mez and his ride finally brought us all back to earth after that weird trip with the yanks !!!!!!!!!!

No wonder the pricks ate our RTA are onto ride heights....................

The inkman's car is one very nice set of wheels (and not 22's, lol)

Dave Mac :D
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

J wrote:Maybe we should stop bagging the guy and give him some constructive criticism?
There's alot of help in the posts above Jay. Granted a little bit of WTF but for a reason. Some of us "older" guys have seen alot of what does and doesn't work over the years.

But in the end its his car and his choice.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
J

Post by J »

[quote="Devilrod"]There's alot of help in the posts above Jay. Granted a little bit of WTF but for a reason. Some of us "older" guys have seen alot of what does and doesn't work over the years.quote]

Yep there is a some good info in this post about offsets etc but I think a few have kinda had a go at him... but yeh that could be expected when one wishes to put on 22's!

I wasnt bagging you olderish blokes?? If it was all young (teenage) people on this forum then half of the cars wouldnt be running!