Red Rattler Revamp

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Red Rattler Revamp

Post by Blacky »

Bit more progress today in between other jobs , battery cable run, had to knock up a heat shield of course I nearly had it finished then ballsed it up Image - at least I had a near complete template to make the replacement Image
Had to fit in here , battery and fuel line a bit close to the zorst ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Slapped a bit of rattle can black on it and then went and ran the rest of it

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then spent an hour and a half bolting the Fkn starter motor in the custom pipes don’t allow the easiest access in the world and the top bolt hole in the chinesuim CRS bellhousing wasn’t happy about having a bolt inserted so I had to modify a tap to fit in a hex socket then use a heap of extensions and run a tap through the bastard using a short ratchet from just behind the alternator to clean the hole out - then the bolt would wind in by hand from underneath and nip it up with the aforementioned 24” extensions and ratchet so then bourbons happened and work came to a crashing halt …..

Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Nicely run lines and wires.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Getting it done
I hate extractorsmainly because they cook the starter then make it near impossible to replace.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Cheers Harv, got some more to run tonight now - my wiper motor arrived from Pete Mallaby sometime last week , just got to work and it is on my desk Image

Harv

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:04 am Cheers Harv, got some more to run tonight now - my wiper motor arrived from Pete Mallaby sometime last week , just got to work and it is on my desk Image
I got a similar one done by Ken Mclean - even has the same switch. They are a neat fit. See if you can snag the other end of the plug off an old Commie loom, as it makes it neater.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Mounted up the wiper motor- a near on impossible job on your own Image got a hand from me mate woody …..

Harv

Post by Harv »

That looks suspiciously like the genuine NASCO bonnet holderupperer. :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:43 am That looks suspiciously like the genuine NASCO bonnet holderupperer. :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
Same tree , different branch :lol:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Little bit more progress, finished off the fuel line in the boot -

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

And sorted out some tiny wires to the computer ready to wire the plug in to the new harness Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Bit more today, finished off the fuel line at the front , had to fab up a bracket to brace it to the floor -

Made up some studs to mount the coil packs to the side of the donk , used stock side plate bolts and welded another bolt to them

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Also wired in the reverse light switch, the starter motor and alternator wiring is all done

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Nice job blacky.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie