Red Rattler Revamp

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Red Rattler Revamp

Post by Blacky »

Make it fit , had to offset it forward to clear the front of the radiator

Bonnet fits , happy days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Had to mod the catch to compensate for moving the crossbar forward

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Getting there Image
Just need to get the captive nuts back where they belong

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Put it all together and there is no room for the £#%+@$ing fan so the whole bloody lot went in the bin
This is why I don’t have any rope in the shed and why I keep my guns in the house

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I really need to get this bloody thing finished, got some more goodies this past week

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Tough mate!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Blown, and giggle gas?

8)

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Blacky wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:26 am Put it all together and there is no room for the £#%+@$ing fan so the whole bloody lot went in the bin ImageImageImageImageImage
This is why I don’t have any rope in the shed and why I keep my guns in the house ImageImageImageImageImage

Ha Ha Your funny !!!
You have to walk away, regroup and then come back with the interests high again.

Nitrous, be carefull with that stuff, it can burn your face off in a second flat, wear all the PPE when installing.
So many cars so little time!
Mick

Post by Mick »

no room for a fan where? i had a big thick 3 core radiator in the standard position, yes no room for an engine fan but plenty of room on the front of the radiator for an electric fan, it was a great engine though ran cool as anything only time i ever used the fan was in traffic i could drive at 110+ on 40+ degree days with no fan at all and it would sit on 140 degrees by the gauge, wish the austin was the same
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Managed to make some progress on the wiring over the last couple of days, started by stripping out the engine bey wiring, removing all the crusty bits and the bits I don’t need from the existing harness Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then ran all the new wires in, drilled a 1” hole under each guard to keep the wiring out of the engine bay

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then cleaned up all the crap under the dash, removed the air vent and gave that a birthday, vacuumed out some of the garnet from when it was blasted, will never get it all out as we all know Image
Refitted the air vent and the heater core, going to try for some heater hoses with a 90 degree bend in them tomorrow to make them fit nicer, and stuck Chinamat right up to the top of the firewall seeing as I am too mean to buy a new sound pad

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then needed to find a spot for the new fuse box, a bank of relays and the ECM - fuse box is going in the glovebox and the rest will live on the passenger side kick panel. Made a bracket to mount the fuse box , the old glovebox is dead so I ordered a new one after thinking about making one out of steel and quickly deciding that I am just too lazy …

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Computer and fuses I made a standoff bracket- actually I made 2 , the first one I did the second fold first which means I can’t do the first fold - like a dickhead - so I made another one and did it properly

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Mounted the bits, tapped the holes and hit them with a rattle can rebuild and called it a day