Red Rattler Revamp

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Red Rattler Revamp

Post by Blacky »

Bit slow this week, new rims turned up today so need to find some tyres tomorrow, and got a bit more done on the throttle brackets
Make it work first then make it neat -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Mounted it all up and it works OK Image need to find an opposite handed retainer clip tomorrow then I need to make a mount for the cable and that’s another fiddly job done Image

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Nice one Blacky. If you wanted to make the pivot very precise you could weld the nut to the lever, or cut a thread in it, like a suspension pivot. I know it’s probably overkill.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:24 am Nice one Blacky. If you wanted to make the pivot very precise you could weld the nut to the lever, or cut a thread in it, like a suspension pivot. I know it’s probably overkill.

Once its all sorted I am going to machine up a piece of round bar and make a new bracket , that will get rid of all the washers and make it more stable than it is now - need to know its getting full throttle and a straight pull on the cable etc. before making the new bell crank.

FbSTDwagon

Post by FbSTDwagon »

Nice creative thinking to get extra leverage on the cable mate, I think I’ll need to be doing similar.
I extended the shaft on the pedal but I don’t think it will be enough to achieve full throttle.
Drew
DaveEK
State: NSW

Post by DaveEK »

You have had some really cool ideas…. I like watching this build… :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[*]2 year project currently making its 3rd term
Blacky

Red Rattler Revamp

Post by Blacky »

Didn’t get a chance on Friday to get some steel for making brackets so had a fiddle with the radiator and measured up for fans after chasing an elusive electrical problem with the VS

Want to swap filler and top hose side to side and fit a divider in the drivers side tank - should work out OK , and mount a couple of fans on the front of the rad - only got 40mm of space on the backImage

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Gee that left handed upper thermo housing is pretty trick. Prolly make yer fortune selling them on e bay.

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Red Rattler Revamp

Post by Blacky »

Got the brake , clutch and fuel lines sorted today, after wasting some time working on a poxy EK Image

mph

Post by mph »

Nice work blacky, must be putting plenty of coffee in those bourbons.
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Bump for Marko ......

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

This may come as a shock , but I did some work on the rattler today ImageImageImage

Got the gearbox back from being beefed up so it was time to finish that part of things off , first thing was modify the base of the short shifter as the US extension housing has a different bolt pattern to the Aussie ones - of course ImageImageImage

Mounting holes got a bit close to the base so had to blow the cobwebs off the mill and whizz a bit out

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

It ain’t pretty but it fits Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Next step was cut a hole in the floor and brace it, hole saw sorted the first bit out , then used a bit of CAD to sort the brace out.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Bit of seam sealer and a coat of underbody goo and it’s ready to go back in , except it seems to me I have the wrong throw out bearing, will have to ring the peckerheads at CRS on Monday to sort it out ImageImage