Red Rattler Revamp

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

gledge
State: SA

Re: Red Rattler Revamp

Post by gledge »

Wow I wish I had a bit of bonnet like that mate that would make life way easier....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

gledge wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:47 am I have been looking for struts for the last hourImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I ordered a couple of pairs today , want me to order another?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
gledge

Post by gledge »

That would be great mate or just send me the info and I will just order the same ones.. which ever is easier

FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Great work and mods there Blacky and that bit of bonnet looks like one I got back from the blasters :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Struts arrived today , 2 sets for me and a set for Gledge ImageImage

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Jeez that were quick

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:14 pm Jeez that were quick
Damn straight - I ordered them this morning around 9 and they were delivered about 1:30 :thumbsup:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got a couple of little jobs knocked over tonight, one of our club members was having trouble with selecting gears in his FB so I went over for a look , found some adjustment issues and some flogged out selector rods and linkages on the gearbox so I took them off , bought them home and gave them a birthday

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Did a bit on the rattler and the VS as well , the drop spindles I have had for years are finally making their way onto a car, but of course they don’t fit ImageImage
I shouldn’t be surprised I guess …. What kind of a moron designs a spindle with 2 mounting positions but only one of them can be used ???? ImageImageImageImageImage
Fixed it with my trusty hand held milling machine Image

Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:43 am Did a bit on the rattler and the VS as well , the drop spindles I have had for years are finally making their way onto a car, but of course they don’t fit ImageImage
I shouldn’t be surprised I guess …. What kind of a moron designs a spindle with 2 mounting positions but only one of them can be used ???? ImageImageImageImageImage

i've fitted probably a dozen sets of dropped stubs never had an issue
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Mick wrote:
Blacky wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:43 am Did a bit on the rattler and the VS as well , the drop spindles I have had for years are finally making their way onto a car, but of course they don’t fit ImageImage

i've fitted probably a dozen sets of dropped stubs never had an issue
You must have had the steering arms on the bottom hole every time, or HQ short arms are a different shape to all the other ones…

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got the front end pretty much all buttoned up , just waiting on a couple of bits - lower ball joints and brake pads . Painted the steering arms and caliper brackets and finished off the sway bar links.

FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Blacky wrote:Image

Got the front end pretty much all buttoned up , just waiting on a couple of bits - lower ball joints and brake pads . Painted the steering arms and caliper brackets and finished off the sway bar links.

Looking good Blacky - that tie rod end looks to be at a weird angle? Or have you just not tightened yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You will find me lost somewhere!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

FJWALLY wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:13 am
Looking good Blacky - that tie rod end looks to be at a weird angle? Or have you just not tightened yet?

Just mocked up mate, so I could get the sway bar link rod length close - waiting on bottom ball joints so the wishbone has to come back off

FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Cool Beans - what brand ball joints do you go with?
Blacky wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 am
FJWALLY wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:13 am

Just mocked up mate, so I could get the sway bar link rod length close - waiting on bottom ball joints so the wishbone has to come back off
You will find me lost somewhere!