My new Fb

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

59wagon
State: WA

My new Fb

Post by 59wagon »

Hi Everyone
Well, I’ve finally done it. Picked up an FB today, you may have seen it on Gumtree. It’s unlicensed but, hopefully, not too far off from getting rego. I’ve written a list of what I think needs to be done and it doesn’t seem too daunting. Anyway, here’s some pic’s.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
It’s the first time I’ve used Tapatalk so hope it works.
The car is pretty much original and the guy I bought it from was only the second owner and I’ve got some original paperwork with it. The original owner only lived about 6km’s from where I live now.
ImageImageImage
I’ll leave at that for now and talk to yooz soon.
Cheers, John
Ps. I drove it around the block before I put it away and had a smile from ear to ear. I haven’t driven anything like this for about 30 yearsImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Errol62
State: SA

Re: My new Fb

Post by Errol62 »

Congrats John
Photos look great. Can’t go wrong with an Adelaide bodied car mate even if it was assembled in Perth! Look forward to seeing what you’re doing with it.
Cheers
Clay

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
D-MAN
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by D-MAN »

Looks good John :thumbsup:
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Hey John mate that looks like a great score even more reason for me to come over and have a look now.
Looks very clean mate for her age, I assume you are going to keep her all original, it would probably be ashame to mess with her when she looks that good.

Better get you signed up to the club hey :laughinggg: :laughinggg:

Regards
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

FireKraka wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 am Hey John mate that looks like a great score even more reason for me to come over and have a look now.
Looks very clean mate for her age, I assume you are going to keep her all original, it would probably be ashame to mess with her when she looks that good.

Better get you signed up to the club hey :laughinggg: :laughinggg:

Regards
Neil
nice score mate :thumbsup: gotta love an FB 8) 8) 8) have you got on the WA licencing website to see if the original plates are still available ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
oz_ek
State: VIC

Post by oz_ek »

There is just something about an original car.....Very nice! :thumbsup:
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

Hey John,
Great score you grabbed there. Like the fact you have been fortunate to obtain the original documents. Would be great to see if there are any old pictures of the car available. Is the original owner still alive?

Look forward to following your progress.

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
59wagon

Post by 59wagon »

Congrats John
Photos look great. Can’t go wrong with an Adelaide bodied car mate even if it was assembled in Perth! Look forward to seeing what you’re doing with it.
Cheers
Clay

Thanks, Clay. Yeh, at least I know it would have been put together right. :D

Thanks, D-Man.

Yeh Neil, I'm very happy with her. I want to keep her as original as possible but may have to change a couple of things to get her licensed, depending on what the inspectors want. For instance, the body has surface rust (I hope that's all it is) all over the place, both the reversing light lenses are cracked, the rear indicator lenses have mostly lost their "amber'' colour - is there a paint to redo these?

Other than that, most of the other things are electrical type problems which I'll work my way through. She came with two engines, I have the original that came with the car, which the previous owner pulled out and fitted all new rings and replaced two pistons. It's still disassembled, but I'd like to get that back in the car sometime. I'll probably get the car licensed with the the motor that's in it now.

Let me know what's involved with the club sign-up.

There is just something about an original car.....Very nice! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Oz-ek. Yeh , I agree. My youngest daughter said "eeeewww, it's ugly", but the other 3 kids love it.

Great score you grabbed there. Like the fact you have been fortunate to obtain the original documents. Would be great to see if there are any old pictures of the car available. Is the original owner still alive?

Ta, Stephen. I told the previous owner I'd give him a call to find out if there was anymore info on the car or owner. All I know so far is that it was bought by a school teacher, living in Rockingham, WA from Shacks Holden in Fremantle. He then moved to the wheatbelt, Wyalkatchem we think, where he, followed by his daughter drove the car until 1985 and then it sat in the shed until about 5 years ago when the last owner got it.

nice score mate :thumbsup: gotta love an FB 8) 8) 8) have you got on the WA licencing website to see if the original plates are still available ???

Thanks, Blacky. I've always had a soft spot for the FB as it was the model we had growing up as young kids, before being replaced with the HQ. I still remember going with Dad, taking the FB to the tip and leaving it there!! The LH front passenger door was held on by fencing wire, the radiator had to be filled before each trip and rust was everywhere.
Oh, and goodonya' MATE, you just cost me $200!!!!
IMG_0411 (1).jpg
IMG_0411 (1).jpg (60.83 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Hi John;
Blacky can send you the link or the membership form and get you signed up hey.

Regards
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

You can paint the inside of the lenses. Reproductions are readily available. Another option is to fit Amber globes.

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

sweet mate , they will be the icing on the cake :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you may be surprised how well the old paint will polish up if you are careful with it 8) If you dont want to put brand new lenses in it I can have a dig through EKmart and see if I have some legal original lenses if you like ?
Will email you a membership form mate :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Form has been emailed John, let me know if it doesnt arrive for some reason - I am in FNQ at the moment so it might not work from over here :lol: :lol:

59wagon

Post by 59wagon »

Thanks for the options, Errol. I got hold of some paint today so will give that a crack.
Thanks Neil & Blacky, got the email and will get onto it in a few days. I’ve been on the forum for a little while now and the club seems like a good bunch of people.
Blacky, as I said above, I’ll try this paint but if you don’t mind having a look in case it doesn’t work out, that’d be great.
Cheers, John
59wagon

Post by 59wagon »

Oops, forgot about the cracked reversing lenses which are clears. If you’ve got those, Blacky, awesome. I don’t mind buying newbies, but oldies in good condition would be better :smile11:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

59wagon wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 am Oops, forgot about the cracked reversing lenses which are clears. If you’ve got those, Blacky, awesome. I don’t mind buying newbies, but oldies in good condition would be better :smile11:
Will have a look when I get home :thumbsup: