LS1EK

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

TAZ
State: TAS

Re: LS1EK

Post by TAZ »

Ol_Girl_58 wrote:
TAZ wrote: Am using Aaron Burnett who is based in Devonport, Burnett Consulting is his business name, his a qualified Engineer and you can talk sense to him.

Cheers, Taz
Thanks Taz, I'll get in touch with him :thumbsup:
TAZ wrote: Sounds good to me, you have the same front end don't you, BA twin spot calipers with the 320 dia discs, i tjink the brakes are sourced from UPC P. What size rims are you going to run? I was looking at 18" alloy smoothies but may go back to 15" steel smoothie if i can get a rim to clear the front brakes.
For what it's worth, I'm running front brakes from UPC too; 290mm twin piston fronts with a 2" drop spindle/HQ steering arm/HR front end combo, with Centura rear end and finned drums; it stops very well :thumbsup:

I'm about to add a 3.9 BW LSD centre and Falcon discs.

Regards,

Josh
Yep mine is a BW LSD as well, what motor you running?
Ol_Girl_58
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Ol_Girl_58 »

Just an EFI 202; nothing as tough as yours. Going with a 202 still requires an engineers certificate, so I've set the car up for a V8 in the future. I use the car as a track car for the time being.

Regards,

Josh.
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

Ol_Girl_58 wrote:Image

Just an EFI 202; nothing as tough as yours. Going with a 202 still requires an engineers certificate, so I've set the car up for a V8 in the future. I use the car as a track car for the time being.

Regards,

Josh.
Mate that is tuff as and i saw your beast at Baskerville, nothing like a screaming six. I contemplate going a RB30 or even XR6 engine but i have always wanted a V8.
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

Ol_Girl_58 wrote:
TAZ wrote: Am using Aaron Burnett who is based in Devonport, Burnett Consulting is his business name, his a qualified Engineer and you can talk sense to him.

Cheers, Taz
Thanks Taz, I'll get in touch with him :thumbsup:
TAZ wrote: Sounds good to me, you have the same front end don't you, BA twin spot calipers with the 320 dia discs, i tjink the brakes are sourced from UPC P. What size rims are you going to run? I was looking at 18" alloy smoothies but may go back to 15" steel smoothie if i can get a rim to clear the front brakes.
For what it's worth, I'm running front brakes from UPC too; 290mm twin piston fronts with a 2" drop spindle/HQ steering arm/HR front end combo, with Centura rear end and finned drums; it stops very well :thumbsup:

I'm about to add a 3.9 BW LSD centre and Falcon discs.

Regards,

Josh
Do you want to sell the diff? I PM you. A guy in Hobart is interested in buying it.
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

Sooo it has been a while, but I do now own this donor car, LS1, auto and electric everything so stay tuned although things will be moving slooooowly due to having litited funds :wink34: I have just spent the last few months doing the rust in my mates FB, it came down to get the parcel shelf done but I ended up replacing the whole rear drivers side rear quarter plus inner wheel arches plus removal on the rear beaver panel as the bottom was completely rusted out which also led to the rear section of the boot being done and then there were the rear quarters that needed doing......
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

umm photos wont load so pretend there is a picture of a WH Statesman there.....
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

TAZ wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 8:44 am umm photos wont load so pretend there is a picture of a WH Statesman there.....
Here she is in all her glory, am now deciding whether to go with a LS1 5.7L or LM7 5.3L cast iron motor which is a heavier motor but can handle more boost on the stock bottom end but can be taken out to a 5.7L decisions decisions......
1494277168066.jpg
1494277168066.jpg (38.76 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

where would you get an LM7 from ? out of the USA ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

Blacky wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:25 pm where would you get an LM7 from ? out of the USA ???
You can Get them from the US yes however there is a company called LS Iron blocks who are importing them; https://www.facebook.com/LSIronBlocksAU/ I can get a short motor (rebuilder) with LS2 rods for $1300 delivered to Hobart.

cheers, Simon
TAZ

Re: RE: Re: LS1EK

Post by TAZ »

TAZ wrote:
Blacky wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:25 pm where would you get an LM7 from ? out of the USA ???
You can Get them from the US yes however there is a company called LS Iron blocks who are importing them; https://www.facebook.com/LSIronBlocksAU/ I can get a short motor (rebuilder) with LS2 rods for $1300 delivered to Hobart.

cheers, Simon
So i now have a low milage LM7 5.3L iron block, running motor with loom coming from Victoria that was not used for a project, $1700. Better pull my finger out and get my other projects finished so i can get the EK done. Guess i will need to change the title of my post! But then again i might leave it as the 5.3 can be taken out to 5.7 Image.

Sent from my LG-K500 using Tapatalk

NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

pull your finger our indeed :thumbsup:

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

So in preparation for the arrival of the new donk the car is back on its wheels. I also bit the bullet and cut the floor out that was installed by the previous owner. Too many gaps between the new chassis plus no proof costing applied, was just to dodgy for me, she does sit low ImageImage.ImageImageImage

Attachments
20170820_154017.jpg
20170820_154017.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 1541 times
Rusty EK
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Rusty EK »

Probably easier in the long run to replace the whole floor than to patch it all and will look better in the end :thumbsup:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

looking good mate, is it any warmer in that shed yet ???? :shock: :shock:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
TAZ

Post by TAZ »

Blacky wrote:looking good mate, is it any warmer in that shed yet ???? :shock: :shock:
Yes Blacky things have warmed up down here, quite a mild winter but we need more rain.