My second ek

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

toey1977
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: My second ek

Post by toey1977 »

Well after a few weeks of not much to the body I finally got some epoxy to seal off the steal in the door jam and front window channel now time to fix a bit more rust and few dints along the sill

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

Well I just sold a front end sub frame off the ute. As I new where another one was in better condition I went and seen the guy and said don't sell it I need it and will come get it shortly. Anyway he goes hey toey I got something that might interest you even more I started thinking here we go $$$$$ I don't have and it will just depress me lol. But he had this out side so I hassled the wife for more coin cause I didn't what it to go before I got a chance

Just hope the guy who set it up new what he was doing the biggest complaint from the wife was now it needs to be engineered lol

Last edited by toey1977 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

nice score ! that will save you a bit of work :thumbsup: easy to fit a V8 now :twisted: :twisted:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

Blacky wrote:nice score ! that will save you a bit of work Image easy to fit a V8 now :twisted: :twisted:
I don't know which way I want to go. A six or a eight not yet decided I would love a eight but a nice six would be nice to

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
fingers
State: VIC

Post by fingers »

Good buying mate .... :thumbsup:
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
if i had my time over id have gone an 8 for sure ,noise and torque
red 8s are a bit exxy .Id love one
$2500 or a little bit more pick up a nice damaged statesman :).
im building a dirty ej wagon ,i think its the way to go
ls1,sump ,mounts,rack,exhaust ,discs ,electrics,belts ,column ,diff ,tailshaft,odd n ends = 8g + give or take
an earlier 8 ,304 is probably the only option for a sedan ? weight n all
big fat tyres and a lsd
oh red sixes are my favorite,but you cant beat an 8,you cant beat an 8
rover/p76 v8s are a few kgs lighter than a red 6
then theres the 1jz nice big modern six
or a turbo falcon six ;)
those falcon sixes are as tough as nails
i love my 186,and ive personally done 80000m on a 161(flogging it) oh yeah ,long live the red six
yeah go the six ,grey.........
kmawic
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

Hahaha you sound more confused than me, a 8 is tough looks great under the bonnet and just has the whole thing about old cars and tough eights but a 6 takes me back to 18 when I had a highly worked N/a six on my p's sounded that good that most thought it was a eight now I have confused myself again

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

toey1977 wrote:Just hope the guy who set it up new what he was doing the biggest complaint from the wife was now it needs to be engineered lol
It looks very similar to the CRS kit. Take a look in the three holes in each subframe Y where the bracing plates are drilled - there should be crush tubes inside the subframe if he knew what he was doing. Has it got bracing (round rod) welded onto the inside edges of the control arms like the CRS kit? Crossmember looks OK, though no notch for the front steering rack shaft.

If ya gunna engineer it, an eight is just as easy as a six. Red sixes are cool, but agree that an eight is cooler.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

Great stuff...even your ute has put on a smiley face...spooky! :lol:
toey1977 wrote:Well after a few weeks of not much to the body I finally got some epoxy to seal off the steal in the door jam and front window channel now time to fix a bit more rust and few dints along the sill

Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

I have to thank fingers for the steering wheel and I finally lashed out and got what was advertised as a nos horn ring off ebay that is in mint condition so it's making me want to send some stuff off to the chrome platers so if anyone has any suggestions on chrome platers in Victoria let me know

So it looks like i need to get the facer for the gauges re-chromed and being a ek standard Ute I want to get the tail lights surrounds done to now

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
basic.green

Post by basic.green »

yep thats how it starts.. once you start ya cant stop.. mine was meant to be seat covers and hub caps :lol:
building the dream Rick
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

I was thinking of doing the same - was recommended Huntingdale platers from the group on Facebook but have not tried them myself.
Question - is that the original colour of the speedo dial? Don't remember mine being that yellow.
You will find me lost somewhere!
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

FJWALLY wrote:I was thinking of doing the same - was recommended Huntingdale platers from the group on Facebook but have not tried them myself.
Question - is that the original colour of the speedo dial? Don't remember mine being that yellow.
No originally they are just black the speedo was painted a gold with a green pearl which made a very mustard colour the numbers are a bit more blue that they were originally aswell I am pretty happy with the look of it to me it looks very much of colours from the era but then I was a long way from bring born when these cars were made

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

Well as most of us do we loose track and venture off on a few different projects and deal with life's twist and turns and even contemplated selling the Ute after a couple of offers but so far I have stuck with it and have managed to cut a big hole in the passenger side lol

ImageImage

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

One such side tracking project was this little beauty is a great little boat but now selling this to make room for other stuff. Has been other projects but I won't get side tracked from the thread also hahaha ImageImage

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno