My second ek

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

toey1977
State: NOT ENTERED

My second ek

Post by toey1977 »

Well I new this ute had Been in hiding for a while but I never went to see it after talking to a guy I know and finding out his brother is ek mad and doing up a ute along with supposedly a yard full of other eks and myself in need if a horn ring I thought I could buy one from him but was told he won't part with anything but may swap parts if needed. So I made arrangements to go see the ek ute as I was told it was just a body and was it very bad condition so maybe I could find something to get a horn ring for my ek special. Upon getting there and opening up the old shed which didn't look like it had been opened in a couple of years I seen a front end sub frame then spotted the ute and the other panels in the tub one thing stood out there wasn't much rust and was better than what I had been told to expect.

I was expecting a rusted shell sitting on the ground. But instead I seen a solid body fairly complete sitting on the ground I had a look around it. Floors ok doors solid and good roof, solid quarters some rust in lower rears, tailgate solid, guards one bad one fair bonnet solid, missing some interior parts like the seat and steering wheel couldn't see grill or headlight surrounds. So need a diff taking the front out of my sedan as I have a lh torana front end going in the tow truck owner I know will pick it up for a slab and there is no way it's getting wrecked out, you guessed it, it was a lost dog that needed a home so as soon as I can get it up on some wheels it's going to work. (panel shop) and getting done asap as it's going to be my daily driver. So told the guys dad I will take it as soon as possible. Jumped back in my car and drove back towards his house as we rounded the shed near his house his points out that under the tarp is the original grey motor and box from the ute I get out and it's all complete score again. Today I messaged the owner who is a mate and told him I wanted it so he then tells me he has more parts in another shed and he will dig them out next time he is down. And by taking this into work means I have to get it done so I'm not wasting shop floor space.

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
Devilrod
State: VIC

Re: My second ek

Post by Devilrod »

So I guess your still looking for a horn ring.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like a good start there, you just never know what's still out there.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

Devilrod wrote:So I guess your still looking for a horn ring.... Image Image Image

Looks like a good start there, you just never know what's still out there.
Looking for two horn rings [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] and most likely by the looks some rear springs for the ute
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

Hi Toey
Great to see another ute being brought back to life looks like a great start.

Good luck and keep the photos coming.

Regards
Neil H
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

Well the tow truck is booked, pick up is Wednesday day arvo for delivery back to my work. Now I remember what Christmas felt like when I was a kid knowing that it is coming but have to wait till I can get it [DELIVERY TRUCK]
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

Well the ute is at the shop nestled in its corner position for a while it's off the dirt and in better light and she needs some love, but persistence will be the key thanks go to Bob from nbw auto recyclers for helping with his tow truck.

Still yet to get the motor and some extra stainless bits for it. But the early starts at work will begin in the morning so let the fun and annoyance start and see what I actually have gotten myself into there is a picture of the compliance plate for the records and if someone wants to decript it, it would be great

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

funny someone seems to have intentionally tried to cross out the paint code, wonder if it's the colour it's sposed to be
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

Mick wrote:funny someone seems to have intentionally tried to cross out the paint code, wonder if it's the colour it's sposed to be

i thought that was weird myself but i couldn't find the post with all the numbers to read the codes, car looks grey inside the doors
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
vmx-mxr
State: NSW

Post by vmx-mxr »

toey1977 wrote:Image
I sent that build plate down to Forensics and they got back to me to say it is Seagull Grey 585 - 9892
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

are all the panels there ? If it were mine I would just whack it back together and get it going - looks great the way it is ..........
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

Well a 6am start all the panels are there but no door glass and the reason she is off the road is the rear rails which is going to be a bit of work if anyone has any pictures of the rail ends to the beaver so I see how the join would be great

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

So now it's up in the air a bit I was able to clean years of leaves and crud from inside the floors and get underneath and see exactly what condition the ute is in and these are the bad in pics plus where someone had attempted some work half done a second-hand floor cut the rear rail in front of spring hanger which i found a ok replacement in back of ute so a trip to the steel shop is next on the list and attack bit by bit

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

mmmmmmmmmmm dunno