D-MAN's FB sedan

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Mick Jagger
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: D-MAN's FB sedan

Post by Mick Jagger »

they would suit a van
kmawic
Joe_FBHolden
State: NSW

Post by Joe_FBHolden »

Not sure, but ute and panelvan should be similar. Cant be 100% sure though, but definately fits a ute.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

I think you will find FB EK van will be very different to any of the others as the FB saw the introduction of a high roof profile rising from the top of the windscreen.
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Mick

Post by Mick »

i think all you will find is that the nutsert type deals that i assume come from the factory which is a captive nut in rubber, the rubber has deteriorated and based on the side mount pic the same there so it's just not sitting in the correct position and with nothing holding the roof braces down it's making it pop up a little :roll:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
D-MAN

Post by D-MAN »

Mick wrote:i think all you will find is that the nutsert type deals that i assume come from the factory which is a captive nut in rubber, the rubber has deteriorated and based on the side mount pic the same there so it's just not sitting in the correct position and with nothing holding the roof braces down it's making it pop up a little :roll:
I think you are correct Mick as I have taken the visor off and when it is repositioned in the correct position it sits flush
Joe_FBHolden

Post by Joe_FBHolden »

I beg to differ, it still doesn't sit right on the roof. There's still too much of a gap in the brackets and roof line. I'd be searching for new brackets just in case. Although you did say there were multiple holes in the roof which may be the culprit. Wrong hole....
D-MAN

Post by D-MAN »

ok so last time I purchase a car without seeing it for myself :oops: ..... the easy fix has turned into a everything fix but things are finally getting there :thumbsup:

The car needed the following replaced - starter motor, coil, leads, distributor and I don't know how but most of the electrics in the car were fried so needed rewiring.
The fuel pump was also shot along with with the brakes, clutch and master cyclinders and suspension (king pins etc)..... so while all this was getting done had the twin SU's fitted and needed the battery relocated to accommodate this and also fitted some headers, mild cam and rocker cover.

Once the car is running then it is time for full NSW rego then the paint and body work
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Never trust Mexicans :lol:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Looks nice thro bro :)
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
D-MAN

Post by D-MAN »

SunnyTim wrote:I hope that spark plug isn't the type that has been put in the motor! :ughh:
All good Tim the mechanical work is getting done at a shop and the guy doing it is a Holden tragic whose daily drive is an fx
EK JAY

Post by EK JAY »

:) How's it going has he got it running yet :)
EK JAY SINCE 1990
D-MAN

Post by D-MAN »

Not yet as it is still in pieces and he is now on holidays so I will have to wait.
Hopefully when he gets back he has assured me only a week or 2.
Can't wait to get it back then send it off for paint :thumbsup: as I just want to get in it and drive!
D-MAN

Post by D-MAN »

Quick question - does the heat tap and hose coming from the cyclinder head and thermostat housing mean that a heater was fitted at some point?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.27 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
Harv

Post by Harv »

D-MAN wrote:Quick question - does the heat tap and hose coming from the cyclinder head and thermostat housing mean that a heater was fitted at some point?
Looks like the heater was removed, and the inlet/outlet bridged temporarily with the hose. The hose is not doing much the way it is plumbed currently. Neater to disconnect and plug both ends (and less risk of the hose leaking). Stick an oval blanking grommet in the firewall hole under the wiper motor.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
D-MAN

Post by D-MAN »

Thanks Harv that's what I thought.... Where can I get plugs for the cylinder head and thermostat housing.
I am contemplating buying a heater and refitting - there is a beehive one on eBay would this have been period correct for an FB or is it earlier fe/fc
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/NASCO-BEE-HIVE ... nav=SEARCH