harvs ek 327 wagon

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

Re: harvs ek 327 wagon

Post by Errol62 »

Good old Ctr. Paint looks outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
D-MAN
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by D-MAN »

Looking great!
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

I cant wait for you to take me around the block in your car Andrew.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Good stuff Harv,
Top finish on the paint. I love the home porta power unit, very practical! :thumbsup:

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Looking Awesome Harv - that will sound/look sweet as cruising the streets.
You will find me lost somewhere!
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

The paint has got me fascinated. In the shed, it gets finger prints and dust on it (even with dust covers). Looks good, but the real difference comes when it is clean and out in the sun. Dave buffed up one of the guards last week, and the depth of colour got me grinning again.

I've been putting off the "trip around the block" even though it has all it needs to do so. Its a bit (lot :lol: ) raucous, and with no front guards/bonnet it really stood out. It would be just my luck to take a quick squirt around the block, and end up on FaceBook. Now it has guards and bonnet it is a little more subtle (still loud though). Can't be too far from a test-run.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
thebrotherj

Post by thebrotherj »

following with anticipation Harv! Looks super neat... :thumbsup:
Harv

Post by Harv »

Got a little bit more done on the EK. Got the guards bolted up properly, and torqued down the guards/bonnet catch/support braces. Got the grille in… beautiful.

Managed to get some straps made up to replace the “rattly rods” for tailgate holdup (I had two left-hand rods… go figure). Bullivants did an awesome job of making the straps up in red PVC coated wire.

I’ve got the cargo space floor held down with some spring release dzus fasteners… it’ll be covered in carpet, but will look good when uncovered and stop any rattles.

Also managed to get my spare tyre fitted. It’s a Commodore 15” rim, 26P offset like the rest (with thanks again to the gentleman who found me one). There is precious little space (height) in the cargo space… the 15” rim only just fits in under the cross-member. To get a full-size tyre in is impossible, so I went for the smallest tyre you can get on a 15”x6” rim (175/50/15). There is less than a fingers breadth clearance under the crossmember. It means the spare will be like a space-saver, but doesn’t bother me too much (it will still get me home, albeit slowly). The rim is painted red, whilst the rest of the wheels are black... figure it will remind me to change it if it is an odd colour.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
bumper
State: TAS

Post by bumper »

Looking really good mate! :thumbsup:
Love the idea for the spare!
wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

How good is that! :)
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Trev

Post by Trev »

I had the same problem with my spare wheel in the wagon so I cut the crossbar out and modified it to get the clearance needed and welded it back in a few inches further forward, now I can get a full size spare in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Harv

Post by Harv »

I had grandiose plans for spending the Easter break screwing together the EK wagon… sadly, I spent it screwing together the new EK ute. About all I managed to get done on the wagon was to reassemble the quarter windows (with thanks to Stu’s how-to post).

Small moral dilemma: if you buy your child a car, and the chromework is far better than your EK wagon’s chrome, can you put the good chrome on your own vehicle :think: ? Have avoided the temptation so far.

Some teaser photos.

Lookit that… I got the guard slashes on the right way! Thanks gents on the photos that helped me do so :D . The park lights are LEDs. They are a pretty cool two-tone unit - the parkers come on white, and the indicators come on orange.

Not too far away from the engineering inspection now. Getting worried though as rumour has it that the NCOP standard is about to change. The new version apparently limits power output to 180kW/tonne. The Chev in the wagon is currently punching out near 215kW/tonne. If the rules change and I have to de-rate that Chev, I will not be a happy camper. My intention for this thing is to be 100% legal, and so far have been bending over backwards to do so. Trying to arrange the engineering inspection in the next month(ish), hopefully the engineer can shed some more light.

Cheers,
Harv
parisian62

Post by parisian62 »

Getting sooo close now Andrew. :thumbsup: I'm up for riding shotgun when you get rego 8)
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
Mick

Post by Mick »

Harv wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:41 am
Small moral dilemma: if you buy your child a car, and the chromework is far better than your EK wagon’s chrome, can you put the good chrome on your own vehicle :think: ? Have avoided the temptation so far.

Not too far away from the engineering inspection now. Getting worried though as rumour has it that the NCOP standard is about to change. The new version apparently limits power output to 180kW/tonne. The Chev in the wagon is currently punching out near 215kW/tonne. If the rules change and I have to de-rate that Chev, I will not be a happy camper. My intention for this thing is to be 100% legal, and so far have been bending over backwards to do so. Trying to arrange the engineering inspection in the next month(ish), hopefully the engineer can shed some more light.

Cheers,
Harv
if you paid for the ute you CAN most certainly take parts :wink: :lol:
i don't think i'de be to worried about rule changes they f#%k about so much it takes them forever to pass anything, and it may be as with everything else just a guideline and i would think there would be a grace as with all other changes for cars well under progress

in saying all that engineering has become so ridiculous and expensive i'm even seriously considering changing back to a grey motor :shock: :shock: :shock: :thumbsdown:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Harv

Post by Harv »

Mick wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:32 pmin saying all that engineering has become so ridiculous and expensive i'm even seriously considering changing back to a grey motor :shock: :shock: :shock: :thumbsdown:
I know what you mean. The sad bit is that the engineering costs are similar to the cost for a grey motor rebuild :( .

For me, I reckon you are on to a winner if you can find a vehicle with a freshly rebuilt grey that was done by someone you trust, or a red/HR front end that is on current rego (grandfathered). A grey rebuild or engineering a red certainly stacks the $ up quick.

Cheers,
Harv