The BLK-CAR

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BLKCAR
State: NSW

Re: The BLK-CAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Not a chance next year as much as I'd hate to say :( going into year 11 next year and she won't has as much attention :( Maybe 2017 ;) Eeek I'm watching your build with envy!!
Name says it all watch out for BLK CAR ek on the road..... In a few years
BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Well where do I start...

Been a little while since I last posted anything but heaps has happened since you all last saw her.

I've finally finished stripping the paint and have grinded back the floor pans. The shed plan has been scrapped (long story) so the Holden has stayed put. I have since finished the year 10 and the CIT course and have started a few rust repairs in the floors. The car is now a complete bare shell with front end, subframe off and diff out. I've taken the front end to be sandblasted and it has returned with a lot more rust then I sent it to him with :oops: thanks to AA Sandblasting in Canberra for that :thumbsup: and I have etch primed that. I picked up a rusty FB with a HR disc brake front end and disc brake Salisbury diff from Fatboy (thanks again Fatboy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ) who also gave me a whole heap of parts that I was missing. As you can imagine Mum flipped when she saw what I brought home (only just made it home... my &*#@ Courier ute spat its dummy and overheated going up the Clyde mountain near Canberra then blew an intercoolre hose halfway home...... typical &*#@...) and Mum and Dad have given me 6 months to get rid of it. I'm thinking a rear cut couch if the rear end can be resurrected. Fatboy also gave me a grey motor, B block out of an FB (B56201 is the engine number) and I've been tearing that down to see if the block is useable (not sure at this stage) . Getting as much as I can done before year 11 starts in 2 weeks "angryy:

Cheers guys! See my instagram page for pics https://www.instagram.com/clifo61/
BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Well yr 11 has started, first day today! completely stripped the FB and am going to cut it up soon as sad as it makes me but it is definately not fixable and at least I'm doing something with it! Plan in to cut the rear off to make a couch and to cut the dash out to make a shelf! Straight to the pool room!! Have got the floors almost welded up just the driver rear pan, spare wheel well to go then plan is to paint the under body and the floors and bolt the subframe back on, then rebuild diff, and front end to get it rolling again. Then when shes rolling its onto body prep for paint, I've fixed the doors from when i attacked them with a slide hammer :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: and those holes I have welded up carefully and tried to keep heat out of the panel as much as I could. My boss is thinking about painting it for me as he is is an ex-panelbeater and he can also weld up my K frames and rear quarters. :thumbsup: Pics will be coming tonite after school. Cheers!
BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Swapped out my V8 HR front end and Salisbury diff for a standard HR front with girlock calipers and a 3.36 Banjo LSD diff, the bloke also gave me a whole heap of other parts like Magnum Eliminator mags, Selby rear sway bar, and few other bits.

I've stripped and painted the HR front (still have to do the lower control arms) and paint the diff. School holidays start tomorrow so I've got a whole 16 days to work!

The good grades at school are helping me pay for my front end rebuild kit and rust repair panels (thanks to Mum and Dad, proud sponsors off the BLKCAR rebuild :wink: )

I've got a bloke who is going to weld up my subframe legs as I don't trust my welding just yet (the passenger side inner leg off the FB will be donated to the EK)

Will upload pics soon

goal is to have the old girl rolling again by the end of the holidays

cheers
BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Good stuff mate, now stop pissing around on the computer and go get amongst it !!!
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
parisian62

Post by parisian62 »

16 days working on the EK...sounds like the perfect school holiday :thumbsup: You might need a band aid for that leg or is it oil??? :shock:

If that blood he's in trouble.. :shock:
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Hahaha its red tranny oil Stewart ;) i shared the shit out of mum when I showed her! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Well finally getting around to uploading a few pics from the holidays,

Cut the spare wheel well out of the FB parts car as it was less rusty than the EK one (surprisingly ;) ) Fixed it and welded it back on;

Thinking of going a different direction with the rims and thinking of deep dish HK/T/G rims painted black or chrome maybe with hubcaps,

Bought some grey motor bling, speco twin manifold, sonic extractors and a chrome rocker cover 8) 8) 8) 8)

And then bought some 2pac epoxy primer from Bathurst Auto West paint supplies cos i was visiting my aunty up there, the paint shop bloke was very helpful in explaining what i need to do and precautions to take with the 2pac

This is how she sits now all masked up ready for primer, shed is masked up as well so now im waiting on a weekend with decent painting weather! Not this weekend as i have an english assignment, maths assignment and graphics assignment all due in the next few weeks!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Cheers!
toey1977
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by toey1977 »

the factory ht hg rims widened is one of the looks i was thinking of or if you wanna a similar idea but different designs check out crager wheels steelie range
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Going for this sort of look Toey, love the raised lettering on radial T/a's and you cant get a radial ta in 13" only 14". Either those or centerlines im thinking

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Bit like this, or like the mexican taco ad says: why dont we have both!

toey1977
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by toey1977 »

dam that's the same rim and tire and one of my choices lol i wanted either 245/14 or 245/15 on the rear i'm still yet to source a set of rims for the rear
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
BLKCAR

Post by BLKCAR »

Haha there is no way im fitting 15x245's under the orig guards! Haha