Leo's Rebuild.....

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Devilrod
State: VIC

Re: Leo's Rebuild.....

Post by Devilrod »

NoMAD wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:56 pm i'll be looking forward to seeing it in WA next year :thumbsup:

Cheers
Nathan
:lol: :lol: as much as I'd love too it'll be highly unlikely the car will even be done. Have you seen how long it's taken me to get this far.... :think: :shh:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
EK DAZ
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by EK DAZ »

Looking good mate. Your working faster than me, that's for sure. Regards Daz.
EK DAZ
Craig Allardyce

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Glad to see your back into the EK! Looking good so far. Keep up the good work.
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Well I managed an afternoon home alone and got up to no good! Having never done this before I was a bit hesitant to start but had a go anyway. While it's not perfect it's better than the rust holes I had. Can't say I was overly happy with the fit of the panel to start with but I've managed to get a halfway decent end result.

So without further ado here's some pics!
IMG_8779.JPG
IMG_8779.JPG (1.76 MiB) Viewed 1082 times
IMG_8780.JPG
IMG_8780.JPG (898.38 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
IMG_8781.JPG
IMG_8781.JPG (2 MiB) Viewed 1082 times
IMG_8784.JPG
IMG_8784.JPG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1082 times
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Nice job Leo. Out with the flapper disc mate. I gotta get some of those little clamps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

SunnyTim wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:48 pm Bump DR!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Bump you say Tim...... well the car has been bumped. Currently everything is back in the car. Finally bought a new house and sold ours. We move this weekend if settlement doesn't fall over. Down side is I have to build a shed first before I can start on the car. No one builds houses these days with enough garage space! So sadly Leo's on the back burner for a few months. But the new digs when setup will mean Leo has his own home to allow me to work on him without having to move cars or kids bikes out of the way.

Can't wait! And good to see you posting on here, I thought I'd been awol for a bit you seem to have been awol a lot longer. :D
thebrotherj
State: NSW

Post by thebrotherj »

[/quote]

Bump you say Tim...... well the car has been bumped. Currently everything is back in the car. Finally bought a new house and sold ours. We move this weekend if settlement doesn't fall over. Down side is I have to build a shed first before I can start on the car. No one builds houses these days with enough garage space! So sadly Leo's on the back burner for a few months. But the new digs when setup will mean Leo has his own home to allow me to work on him without having to move cars or kids bikes out of the way.

Can't wait! And good to see you posting on here, I thought I'd been awol for a bit you seem to have been awol a lot longer. :D
[/quote]

congrats on the house mate! All the best for the rest of this nail biting week :thumbsup:
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Get into it Dr - I bet Leo would love a run across the paddock to our side of the swamp , maybe around June ???? :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Blacky wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:39 pm Get into it Dr - I bet Leo would love a run across the paddock to our side of the swamp , maybe around June ???? :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
He would Blacky, only problem is we have literally just moved into a new place this week with less shed space. Currently the EK and the roadster are packed into a double garage with all the rest of my crap. So I gotta build a shed before anymore work can happen which I've already started to organize :thumbsup:
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Well thanks to Blacky I’ve managed to log back in! It’s been faaaar to long between posts. I’ll try to get back up to speed with where I’m at. Not a lot has happened on Leo but he is in his new home. The shed I was building turned into a long drawn out process thanks to permits, overseas wedding, working on the new house, constantly breaking/repairing the hot rod, covid and slightly slow tradies… but what started as this.

Became this…

Turned into this..

A fully lined and insulated with epoxied floor workshop. Always seem bigger empty…

So as of Easter Monday this year I finally pushed Leo into the shed. Ironically I had all the electrical stuff for the shed dropped of two days before Christmas and the sparky finished the wiring Good Friday… second coming?

So I’ve still got a lot to do to clean up around the shed and get another driveway done but I’ll just keep chipping away at all that stuff between lockdowns..

And yes I have sort of started back on the car. More posts to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Welcome back DR , be good to see the old girl back on the road :thumbsup: Looks like there were a few pretty substantial house renos in the meantime as well between the before and after shot !! :D
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

Good job DR,
There are always these distractions to work around hey. I see a flatty lurking under the bench there......... :thumbsup:

Regard
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

G’day DR
Tell us more mate
How’s that lace roof going?
You going to replace the fence? You did every thing else. 8 j 8 )
Cheers,
Clay

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Blacky wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:24 pm Welcome back DR , be good to see the old girl back on the road :thumbsup: Looks like there were a few pretty substantial house renos in the meantime as well between the before and after shot !! :D
Yeah, removing a six inch thick concrete slab for a garden shed being just one of them… mind you when you cut one down they don’t always go back together easily :shock: :lol:
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

In the Shed wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:28 pm Good job DR,
There are always these distractions to work around hey. I see a flatty lurking under the bench there......... :thumbsup:

Regard
Stephen
There’s also a red motor and another flatty under there….