Introducing Me (OldmanVan) and my Build

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Introducing Me (OldmanVan) and my Build

Post by Blacky »

8) 8) 8) progress is a good thing !!!!
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
OldmanVan
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by OldmanVan »

Been real busy lately with the Van taking a back seat to life for a while :roll: . While I have been slacking on the van I have been slowly building a rotisserie so I can get her up and do what's required on the under carriage without killing myself. I'm Also hoping to have a bit of time off work over the next few months so hopefully be able to make some progress on her :thumbsup: .

Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

that's cheating :)
kmawic
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Rotisseries make life much easier 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

CHOPPED

Post by CHOPPED »

absolutley blacky red rooster would burn all there chickens if it wasnt for rotiisseries :crazy:
HEY IT WASNT ME
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

CHOPPED wrote:absolutley blacky red rooster would burn all there chickens if it wasnt for rotiisseries :crazy:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM - chickens :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OldmanVan

Post by OldmanVan »

So I have put this on a trailer and sent it over to my brothers workshop for some engineering. Front graft, Motor mounts, diff. Etc. Given brothers previous form, I don't expect to see it again for a few years (love jobs never happen quickly) But the plus side is I can get back on the van.

So a Slowly, slowly, very slowly the FB chicken van is being rotisserised once again.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

looks like you have enough work in front of you to keep ya busy for a while ...... :D

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Reading back through your thread old man. Very nice condition body. Regarding the gearbox I think you will still have trouble with the bench seat with stock Aussie box shifter. Have you considered modifying the datto shift mount? I think they are a stronger and more compact box. The Aussie will require chopping the tunnel and crossmember.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
OldmanVan

Post by OldmanVan »

Clay, I picked up a couple of grey motors I'm thinking I might go back to a grey/trimatic combo?
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I intend to run a trimatic on my EK van project as I have in my sedan with EK hydramatic column shift. You still need to chop the tunnel for this. I will be fitting the front floor and bracing from a hydramatic car. Running 202 blue motor, I like the trimatic coupled to a 3.08 diff centre for cruising with tall tyres on 13" rims.

Your van looks to be in much better condition than mine. Look forward to following your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Hey old man,
Looks like you decided to fill the windows, how'd it go? I've heard it's hard to keep it all flat an I'm in two minds about mine. When I took the glass out the middle section kind of bowed out a few mm. Don't suppose Dave Bootlegger would still have those van sides.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EK van on rotisserie
OldmanVan

Post by OldmanVan »

Clay, unfortunately that is just mdf in the sides to try keep some dust out. When Dave gets a chance to get too the van sides I'll get them and give it a go.