FB Special project

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: FB Special project

Post by Blacky »

looking sweet - 5 months to go !!!!!!
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Looking awesome EffBee - wish I had the time / space and skills to do what your doing - have to settle for tinkering with the little stuff.
You will find me lost somewhere!
EffBee

Post by EffBee »

Tragically the old girl never made it to the Nats, car is still not even close and I was stuck in sunny Onslow. You'd think it being in my home town I would of made more of an effort :yeahhh: :yeahhh:

Anyway still tinkering away when I can, more colour on and all the boot seam sealed and painted. New kit through the draglink assembly and all buttoned up.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I was in Onslow a couple of months ago for a few days putting a loadbank in to test the new power station - if I had have known you worked thereI could have bought you a beer :thumbsup:

This is going to be a killer car when its done , hurry up and finish it !!!!! :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Looking nice EffBee can't wait to see this one on the road love the colour.

Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

No point I guess suggesting a drive across the Nullarbor to Mudgee for next years Nats? :wave:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
WesternWagon

Post by WesternWagon »

Blacky wrote:good to see some progress on this one , will be another stunner when its done 8) 8) 8)

Keep Gazza away from your beer fridge if he comes over for a look :shock: :shock: :ebiggrin:
Pot calling kettle BlackImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Member : Holden Car Club WA.
:ASRF Member
: Secretary FB/EK holden Club of WA.
WesternWagon

Post by WesternWagon »

Might have to come for a look text me when ya home next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Member : Holden Car Club WA.
:ASRF Member
: Secretary FB/EK holden Club of WA.
EffBee

Post by EffBee »

More colour :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EffBee

Post by EffBee »

Full body colour now complete, a splash of Snowcrest White down the sides, a bit of Clinker Grey on the dash and she will be ready for final assembly. Happy Dayzzzzz

NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

nice looks sweet... you'll be swatting the bees away in no time

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Great progress mate good to see all the hard work paying off now for the fun part :crazy:
Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Paint looks fantastic Eff Bee. It’s amazing what can be achieved in the humble shed. It gives me hope. Very inspiring.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
EffBee

Post by EffBee »

Well after placing an order with SMS Auto Fabrics in March of 2017, my material and door trims finally arrived today. I had read all the negative reviews on here and elsewhere but I had exhausted all other avenues of trying to resource the "Grey Fleck" material that I wanted. It was a long drawn out and exhausting process. Literally hundreds of emails, I tried calling a few times but you just get diverted to a message bank telling you to email if you have any issues. I even called the Department of Consumer Protection in Oregon to see what my recourse was if did not receive my goods (by the way the lady said that the company was "well known" to them)

So you could imagine that I was pretty bloody anxious opening that package, hoping/praying that after all this time I wasn't going to get a big pile of steaming dog turd........ Well I was absolutely pumped with the end result, I have attached a few pics for you all to judge but I think they have nailed it. The "Grey Fleck" was a perfect match and the door trims were perfect. The grey was slightly darker than the sample that I sent but by no means a deal breaker.

Would I order through them again............ This is hard question as I am not a very patient man when it comes not receiving something for nearly 2 years when you have paid in full up front, but if the end result is a perfect match of original material then yes I would do it again. My only tip would be that if you were about to start a new project and new interior is on the list, then I would make my first purchase.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

very nice mate, they look mint :thumbsup: funny some people seem to get their stuff in a matter of weeks and others take forever - maybe they wait until they have an order for so many metres before they tool up for it ??? Will hopefully get some answers next June in Mudgee 8)