Tigers V6 Conversion

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

michaeljohn1234m
State: NSW

Re: Tigers V6 Conversion

Post by michaeljohn1234m »

well where been playing around with the wipers of a month (couple hours here and there) and finally
we got it to work today. Variable speed Intermittent wipers, is adjustable from 0 to 60 seconds and they work great, I'll have it working off the choke switch, just waiting on a better switch and I'll put the wiring etc into a box and hide it up under the dash and the switch will fit the original choke nob and no one will be the wiser
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180988727596 ... 1439.l2649
still working on the hazard lights i can get all the outside lights blinking together but not the blinkers on the dash
I'm using this set up from T at old Holden', it seems simple enough,I'll just keep playing with it
http://holdenpaedia.oldholden.com/Hazard_Switch

michaeljohn1234m

got the hazards working fine,had to change the flashers from the HD13,s (three pin) to the HD12's (two pin) and i used 6 amp diodes as the 10's were to big and (i don't know if you even need them)but i used them as T said on his thread
this is the wiring harness i made up to join the blinkers,hazards and flashers together,the diodes make it a bit bulky,but as long as the do there job that's fine
put the intermittent wipers in the box with a bit of silicon to hold them snug will fit it in the car on the weekend
still waiting on the ALDL cable to fine out what the code is that's stopping the car from starting, should get my rims in the next few weeks, so i put $500 on some rubber on special at bob janes (Pir 235/45R17 97wxlp) it should all come together just before xmass
michaeljohn1234m

well i finally bit the bullet and changed the engine harness to a vx one (it was a vt one) as i was talking to Pat Gardner and i couldn't tell him witch vt harness it was ( the numbers were rubbed off) and his wiring harness are all different so i got the vx to suite the motor.and bought his vx wiring harness and put it all together and it started first time.bought the motor new 12 years ago,and it sounds fine,got to get a new radiator as the one in it i=has a crack in the plastic tank.so it's getting there.and my rims are'nt coming till mid jan now.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Good to hear shes running well mate :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
michaeljohn1234m

Put the air filter in the gaurd on this weekend came up good
put the oil gauge in
got the temp gauge hose adapters, i use two for shorting the top and bottom hoses
gave the car a wash out side first time in 10 years
still comes up good,just a two small spots to repaint this week. took it for a a 10 min drive to check it all out and all seem good
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Looking good, I bet your rapped :thumbsup:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
michaeljohn1234m

Trev wrote:Looking good, I bet your rapped :thumbsup:
I sure am Trev
FeeBee

Post by FeeBee »

that colour looks awesome in the sun!!
He who dies with the most toys wins!!
nes138

Post by nes138 »

End up figuring how to get codes?
michaeljohn1234m

nes138 wrote:End up figuring how to get codes?
not as yet
michaeljohn1234m

does anyone know what size sir clip to use, that holds the brake petal on. or what sort of clip it is.
michaeljohn1234m

SunnyTim wrote:Its just a clevis/cotter pin with a retaining groove...would have on here if you are after a original one
Yes Tim i would as i can find mine any
michaeljohn1234m

my battery is not recharging itself. it;s in the boot I'm using the red ( real thick wire 00b&s) straight to the starter and a smaller one to the alt and the Black is going to the auto box at the mount,and i have two smaller blacks to the chassis and one from the engine to chassis. all with good grounds, i have a wire going from the positive to the alt so the alt knows what volt it's doing, and i've change alt's just to check if it was the alt .
So what am i doing wrong, or what can i try, to fix this
NickZ

Post by NickZ »

commodore alt has a 2 wire plug on it, usually white and brown. the white is a sense wire that should go to the battery, this wire tells the alt what the voltage is at the battery so it knows when to stop charging, it can go to the main charge wire on the alt as that does go back to the battery, but there will be a small voltage drop from the battery to the main charge wire on the alt so it will slightly under charge the battery. but not enough to worry about.

The Brown wire should go to the GEN light on the dash and from memory it will be a dark brown wire. It can go to a 12v switched wire but some times can cause a loop and once the car is started wont switch off.
michaeljohn1234m

NickZ wrote:commodore alt has a 2 wire plug on it, usually white and brown. the white is a sense wire that should go to the battery, this wire tells the alt what the voltage is at the battery so it knows when to stop charging, it can go to the main charge wire on the alt as that does go back to the battery, but there will be a small voltage drop from the battery to the main charge wire on the alt so it will slightly under charge the battery. but not enough to worry about.

The Brown wire should go to the GEN light on the dash and from memory it will be a dark brown wire. It can go to a 12v switched wire but some times can cause a loop and once the car is started wont switch off.
yes Nickz, it does have a two wire plug and, i have the white connected to it and the battery, but it still isn't charging