Micks chopped & tubbed ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

fingers
State: VIC

Re: Micks chopped & tubbed ute

Post by fingers »

What's doing Mick ......where the updated piccies mate .....Fingers :clap:
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Too right , would be good to see some updated pics of this beast. . :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
62MLOO
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by 62MLOO »

Wow Fingers, I was just looking back and noticed it was over 4 years since you spotted my ute at heaths and 3 years since my last update . Damn time flies when all you do is work. Anyway, glad to say that just in the last few weeks its all starting to happen. We now have rear firewall and floorpans. Il put some pics up in a minnie.
WRAPAROUND WINDSCEENS AND SQUARE QUARTER WINDOWS RULE !!
62MLOO

Post by 62MLOO »

20160926_132531.jpg
20160926_132531.jpg (104.58 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
62MLOO

Post by 62MLOO »

20160926_132519.jpg
20160926_132519.jpg (93.76 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
62MLOO

Post by 62MLOO »

20160926_132525.jpg
20160926_132525.jpg (82.81 KiB) Viewed 1826 times
62MLOO

Post by 62MLOO »

Geez that was an effort, im sure there must be and easier way to post pics than the way i did it.
Geez that was an effort, im sure there must be and easier way to post pics than the way i did it.
20160915_103812.jpg (93.44 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
fingers
State: VIC

Post by fingers »

Coming along just beaut mate.....did Heath finally airbag the suspension ...keep them pic ise coming mate ....
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

Thats going to be quite a beast,awesome work fellas
kmawic
62MLOO

Post by 62MLOO »

Thanks for the comments Mick.
Still not sure whether to run coil overs or shockwaves. I like the simplicity of coilovers but the the flexibilityof airbags would handy seeing the car is sitting so low and also being able to dump it on the floor would be cool too.
During the week Taigue and the boys managed to shoe horn a VN radiator complete with rear mounted thermos into the front end. Ive also come to the inevitable shocking reality that my front wheels are too big to fit under the guards. Anyone got any tricks to fit big front wheels without tire scrubbing.
TAZ
State: TAS

Post by TAZ »

TAZ wrote:
62MLOO wrote:Thanks for the comments Mick.
Still not sure whether to run coil overs or shockwaves. I like the simplicity of coilovers but the the flexibilityof airbags would handy seeing the car is sitting so low and also being able to dump it on the floor would be cool too.
During the week Taigue and the boys managed to shoe horn a VN radiator complete with rear mounted thermos into the front end. Ive also come to the inevitable shocking reality that my front wheels are too big to fit under the guards. Anyone got any tricks to fit big front wheels without tire scrubbing.
Hi Mick love the ute, i dont think you will have room to run shockwaves because of the watts linkage set up. I have fitted a set but have a triangulated four link which negated the need to run a watts linkage. I saw in a post of the Black Beast (Ek4us i think) where he used curved 20x20mm. RHS inside the front guards to pump them out, might work for you. Cheers, Taz[/quote

Here is mine.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1470884668662.jpg
FB_IMG_1470884668662.jpg (94.81 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
Shain Mullavey
State: NT

Post by Shain Mullavey »

just starting on my FB ute and have to replace the floor and trans tunnel. I was thinking of making it flat and looking at the job that you have done i will be going the same way. love the job you are doing looking forward to more posts. :thumbsup:
62MLOO

Post by 62MLOO »

TAZ wrote:
62MLOO wrote:Thanks for the comments Mick.
Hi Mick love the ute, i dont think you will have room to run shockwaves because of the watts linkage set up. I have fitted a set but have a triangulated four link which negated the need to run a watts linkage. I saw in a post of the Black Beast (Ek4us i think) where he used curved 20x20mm. RHS inside the front guards to pump them out, might work for you. Cheers, Taz
Hi Taz, I reckon the biggest issue with running the shockwaves is that to be able to drop the air and slam it on the ground you need to allow so much more clearance around the diff and the above the wheels to allow for the extra travel. I reckon its already going to be a struggle just getting the exhausts over the axle as it is.
62MLOO

Post by 62MLOO »

Shain Mullavey wrote:just starting on my FB ute and have to replace the floor and trans tunnel. I was thinking of making it flat and looking at the job that you have done i will be going the same way. love the job you are doing looking forward to more posts. :thumbsup:
Hi Shain, I always wanted to keep the floors original as they were quite good but somewhere along line the whole floorpan got removed. (and thats another story) anyway i'm sort of glad now as the new floors have come up grouse. I think the biggest advantage is getting rid of the stupid hump under the seat. I still don't know why its there, must add some strength i spose. anyway now the floors are flat it allows you to keep the seats a bit lower, which would have been handy cause i was always going to take a couple of inches out of the roof pillars. Anyway the stance of the car is pretty cool as it sits now and the top of the roof is a lot lower than original even without the chop so i have decided not to do it.
62MLOO

Post by 62MLOO »

20160930_100702.jpg
20160930_100702.jpg (102.78 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk