Fingers 327sbc and T400 FB Project

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

fingers
State: VIC

Fingers 327sbc and T400 FB Project

Post by fingers »

The green car gets a reprieve .it is going back to standard ...Have bought a body shell from jarvo .its a ripper shell but the sand blasting showed up every single bit of rust ...so it will need 4 floor replacement panels some work on the inner sills where the cross member buts into it ...in the rear quarter lower sections on both sides and while we,re there mini tubs ..at a quick glance I think 225 x15 should fit under comfortably with the extra 15 mm from the tubbing and a little bit of rust in the spare wheel well ....the doors are the best doors I have seen in a while no rust what so ever.. yep ...none ..same goes for the bonnet and boot ...saves a heap of work ..also I have obtained 3 other cars from all around the country for donor bits and about 4 cars worth of parts ....
Heres some questions ....I want the sleeper look
1.......what type of paint should I use 2 pack or acyrillic Laquer
2.......Seat material and style of retrim ......I,m thinking red and white vinyl in speed boat pattern ( similar to 56 Chevy )
3.......Carpet on the floors or original rubber

PS .....Please disreguard the dates on the photos ....mostly incorrect as some where taken yesterday and some this morning ....

Heres my wish list ....

1/Image
Oops ....thinking out loud again

2/ FB red sedan with white flash and maybe white roof ??? appreciate your opinions on this :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:
3/ 400 plus hp 327 sbc.. matched Edelbrock heads , manifold ,cam,lifters and timing gear..Harland Sharp roller rockers ... already built and dyno tuned and run in at up to 5500 rpm
4/A Southern Chassis Works coil over frontend ...Comes with an Engineers Certificate ....Commodore brakes up front... 9 inch LSD with BA discs on the rear
5/The chassis strengthen kit has been discussed with the Engineer and he approves of it in thoery .it will use 4 rails radiating from the rear spring hanger to the cross rails then other steel rail bolted on both ends using crush tubes and 3 mm plate inside any rails using crush tubes up to the Y in subframe ....I got the chassis rails and the waffle sections to go inside the rails for strength folded up locally here in Drouin ...and the photos show the preliminary fitting up ...the design also allows for a set of built in trac rods to
control spring wind up on heavy acceleration .The mounting of the trac rods at the front rear spring hanger will be 4 mm flat steel incorporated into the chassis rails and the rear of the trac rod will be mounted to the bottom diff and shocker bracket ...no slipper pads will be used ..any comments on this move will be much appreciated ..any mounting points using bolts will either be fitted wth crush tubes or blind nuts welded to inside of the chassis ........

6/ Steel 15x8 &*#@ rims on the rear and 15 x6 on the front ....
7/ The steering column is standard FB top section so an FB steering wheel will fit runs all standard indicator and horn wiring and a HQ bottom section including the collapsible shaft and column .......All made by George Windus from Bendigo and comes with an Engineers Certificate......xxxxy but worth it for peace of mind ....
8/ Two speed wiper conversion required for engineering ..........and utilising the standard wiper knob ...just a mention for all you knob collectors............Approved by my Engineer

more coming soon
Last edited by fingers on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
SC00BB
State: NSW

Re: Fingers 327sbc and T400 FB Project

Post by SC00BB »

fingers wrote:
2/ FB red sedan with white flash and maybe white roof ??? appreciate your opinions on this :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

more coming soon

Sounds good to me but I'm a little bit biased :P :wink: :wink:
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

fingers wrote:The green car gets a reprieve .it is going back to standard
:arrow: 8) 8) :thumbsup:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Cal
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Cal »

I'm thinking white with red flash, boot, and roof :mrgreen:
fingers

Post by fingers »

Cal wrote:I'm thinking white with red flash, boot, and roof :mrgreen:
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Thats sounds great mate ...an option I didnt consider ......anyone got a photo of this combo ...thanks Fingers
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
Trev

Post by Trev »

I do like FB's with a White body and red flash only, very clean look :thumbsup:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Crack-a-lakkin :thumbsup:

:arrow: :D
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
Mick

Post by Mick »

Trev wrote:I do like FB's with a White body and red flash only, very clean look :thumbsup:
x2

my favorite FB colour scheme dark green/light green flash not sure of colour names
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Mick wrote:
Trev wrote:I do like FB's with a White body and red flash only, very clean look :thumbsup:
x2

my favorite FB colour scheme dark green/light green flash not sure of colour names
Sounds like sherwood/ reef green and colleen green Mick. :)
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Looks like you have really put some thought into this build Fingers :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
searsy

Post by searsy »

I cant believe with all those good bits you have and your still putting a grey motor in it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WesternWagon
State: WA

Post by WesternWagon »

Nice work fingers, interested so watch the build

Cheers

Gazza
Member : Holden Car Club WA.
:ASRF Member
: Secretary FB/EK holden Club of WA.
fingers

Post by fingers »

searsy wrote:I cant believe with all those good bits you have and your still putting a grey motor in it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
**********************************************************************************************************************************************
Just trying to keep the stock jocks happy .... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .......I put a lot of thought into the engine option and thought it had to be a Grey ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fingers
VooDoo

Post by VooDoo »

This is gonna be a good build to follow, awesome start too mate!
Just trying to keep the stock jocks happy
Seems i have coined a term!!! :lol:
Los Locos C.C.
http://www.facebook.com/loslocos.carclub
fingers

Post by fingers »

VooDoo wrote:This is gonna be a good build to follow, awesome start too mate!
Just trying to keep the stock jocks happy
Seems i have coined a term!!! :lol:
Yep ..great term ...( term of endearment of course )............. :twisted: :twisted: ...Fingers