Progress

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ekdave1962
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by ekdave1962 »

ah its all in the lighting boys ../
mattymartin

Post by mattymartin »

hey mal,

it was good to meet you the other day, your car looked even better in real life...

love the photos, fingers crossed for the cover shot...

matty martin
go the wagons....
WINDOWLESS_61

Post by WINDOWLESS_61 »

Malcolm,

well done on your results in Yamba.
It is all worth the hard work and hassle in the end even though sometimes you think it isn't.
After seeing it in the flesh and now these great shots you should be able to relax and just enjoy. :)
Ian B
KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid.
Malcolm

Progress

Post by Malcolm »

Thanks Ian,

Relaxing is definately on the list of things to do with another 2 weeks off before I go back to work.

Although, I have just about got the missus talked into doing another car. :wink:
If that comes off it will be a stocky, well nearly. :wink:
Malcolm W.
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Hey Mal,
Is that with or without a Magna roof ????????????
It is a dissapointment that I couldn't make it Yamba and meet both you and the car, I hope you have it for a while so I get a chance.
I reckon the chances of the cover are looking good, what other car even comes close?
I know what its like, hell Im no where close to being finished but Im allready thinking about whats next.

Anyway well done now just drive the wheels off it!

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Malcolm

Progress

Post by Malcolm »

Greg,

It was the missus that first said after Yamba, " it would be good to do up a stocky with the white walls and the V6" :shock:
Malcolm W.
Smooth customs

Post by Smooth customs »

Malcolm

The car looks fantastic and a credit to you, I know the feature will be of great interest to see and read.

SM have featured several of my customers cars and a couple of friends, and all were so pleased with the way the photos and story were presented
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

Yes Malcolm - very well done and congratulations for your hard earned achievments.............there's only one way now and it's not up...........

Great to meet you (for all of five minutes - didn't get a chance to walk over your car with you - Bendigo?)

You deserve all which was endowed on your perseverance - just the auto to sort........

Sorry for confusing you with your guest at the end of the presentation dinner - was a bit emotional and just tried to say goodbye, safe return to as many as possible before making my "off".................

Again, Malcolm - thankyou so much for delighting us with your build - now to those house/garden work in waiting............. nah, build the stocky - especially if you have been granted "workspace"..................

grettings to your lovely wife and two very well behaved children...............

frats,
Rosco
t950cat

Post by t950cat »

Hi Mal
Congrats on the show you deserve all the praise.Id like to see you restore one with a 138 and a bit of nasco items.OK maybe triple strombergs but thats it.
Cheers Tony
Stand and listen to knowledge turn your back on stupidity.......
KAL SPL

Post by KAL SPL »

So how is it all running mate , get the box sorted out ?
Malcolm

Progress

Post by Malcolm »

Unfortunately no not yet, have to pull the box back out again :evil: and send it back to them. They now think its the pump in the box as with their computer hooked up to it, when driving you can read the slippage it has when under load. You can see when it gets to 430rpm's of slip it goes into safe mode.
Thats why my next car is going to be a manual.
Malcolm W.
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

I don't know how you are tolerating this Malcolm....... I'd have lost it by now.....

and I was of the opinion modern vehicles could be diagnosed with accuracy......

I suppose it is something to do with it being fitted in a non-standard application..... but also know you have used "the" loom..................

My wife and family want my next car to be an auto......... thanks for the ammo.......

frats,
Rosco
Malcolm

Progress

Post by Malcolm »

Hey Rosco,

I guess a diagnosis can be made if..... :? No I won't go there. :x

The only way I'd go auto again is if I bought a complete car that I could drive and knew everything was working OK.

Dont get me wrong the 4 speed auto is good as far a cruising goes, as on the highway it sits on 2000rpm at 100kmph. When the box is fixed (not slipping) it should sit on around the 1850 to 1900rpm at 100kmph.

Mal
Malcolm W.
ttv6fc

Post by ttv6fc »

Hey Mal,absolutely stunning looking car,congratulations.Sorry to hear about your trans woes.Hope you can get it sorted soon.
Hmmm,twin turbos',not for everyone.
spyder6052

Post by spyder6052 »

just get a 6 speed manual for mal.
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/spyder6052/cid_image001_gif01C9189F.gif[/img]