Progress

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Dee
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Dee »

Its behind you Malcolm - just smile now and again when you look in the mirror at the next F@#*d you pass and think of the trip to get it right..

I'm with RB.. I got stung a bunch a long time ago and they tried to make me pay to fix there stuff ups..
Found out I was being hit for A trade labor only to have the 1st year apprentice do the work and stuff up the job.. the A trade had to go at it the second time to try and fix the job with stuffed up parts..
youd be gessin right I never went back and told everyone I met just how good this place was..

Bet you do a lot more crusin with the fam now shes what it should have been at Yamba..?

and.... stone chips - their the real trophies..

Dee
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

no good now and too far away :( but as a comparison, automatics place in st marys do alot of them $1800 including r&r
t950cat

Post by t950cat »

hI Mal
take 10 steps back after you drive it after its all fixed up and you will think F$%K it was all worth it.It is still the best build i have seen well done mate.
cheers
tony
Stand and listen to knowledge turn your back on stupidity.......
Malcolm

Progress

Post by Malcolm »

Yeh thanks for your thoughts guys,

I've driven it every day this week and every time I get home I say the same thing, "F*@k thats good to drive". :shock:
Whilst driving, I've nailed it a couple of times (just trying out the gearbox)and I think, holy crap that goes good.
It hasn't been washed, and its covered in shit but it still turns heads where ever it goes, and I still have a smile on my face.

Now I'm thinking of Bendigo :wink:

Mal
Malcolm W.
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Good onya Mal... that's the spirit :D :D :D :D :D how could people not look at you masterpiece??? see you in Bendigo in 2009, bring it on ..... not too quick I still have heeeeeaps to do!!

cheers, Garry
Dee

Post by Dee »

That's what makes it so good..
We've seen this build and it looks like it might now be finished.
But better, it looks like Malcolm is gunna use it for what he built it for..

don't seem too long ago Malcolm you was like Garry - all that stuff to do and the clock startin to bang on the wall..

Great to hear your tweety is flyin with flaps up, Malcolm..

Dee
KAL SPL

Post by KAL SPL »

Glad to hear its all going , seems you mob over the east having nothing but dramas with these gearboxes.
Must be something in the WA air I cant kill mine and trust me I tried !
Malcolm

Progress

Post by Malcolm »

Thanks mate,

The box is fantastic now with very firm shifts between all gears.
1st to 2nd when under hard go pedal is quite harsh and now you can really feel it when the converter goes into lockup on 4th.

I think the only problem with over here is the fact that no one knows what the hell their doing.

Cheers
Malcolm W.
oldnek

Post by oldnek »

Mal,, Its not just there.... :cry: Trust me. Lots of so callers are no so good when it comes to the crunch around our way either.
There's nothing as Sweet as a EK V8
KAL SPL

Post by KAL SPL »

Hows this thing been ticking along mate , any new pics or updates with it ??
Malcolm

Progress

Post by Malcolm »

Mate, the few times its been out lately its been ticking along like a clock. Fitting new mufflers onto it tomorrow to try and quieten down the drowning from the exhaust. Also got a pulley upgrade for the supercharger that hasn't been fitted yet. I bought it off ebay S/H and was told it was a 10psi but its way smaller pulley than that. Have done a few checks and found out its a 14psi pulley. If I end up using it no doubt I will have to get it tuned to suit.
Other than that I've had very little time to do anything with it.

Cheerz

Mal
Malcolm W.
V8EK4us

Re: Progress

Post by V8EK4us »

Malcolm wrote:Mate, the few times its been out lately its been ticking along like a clock. Fitting new mufflers onto it tomorrow to try and quieten down the drowning from the exhaust. Also got a pulley upgrade for the supercharger that hasn't been fitted yet. I bought it off ebay S/H and was told it was a 10psi but its way smaller pulley than that. Have done a few checks and found out its a 14psi pulley. If I end up using it no doubt I will have to get it tuned to suit.
Other than that I've had very little time to do anything with it.

Cheerz

Mal
"had very little time to do anything with it".
But I bet you enjoy having her there Mal!!!
KAL SPL

Post by KAL SPL »

If you check out the link to the forum I listed previously it will give you the psi in relation to the size of the pulley.
IMO tuning it with just pulley upgrade is pointless.
EK JAY
State: NSW

Post by EK JAY »

:D Just thought id get this back into view as it covers alot of different
and often asked questions on how to fit / change things on our cars
what a top build this car is go back and read the whole thread its 8) :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
EK JAY SINCE 1990
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hey guys, still got the FB.
It's great if information on my build is helpful to others.

Mal
Malcolm W.