Pa's Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK283
State: NSW

Re: Pa's Ute

Post by EK283 »

Danny,

Things are starting to take shape, its good to see you are doing this in a proper fashion. I'm happy the bits I gave you are being used to save

another old girl, keep up the good work !

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
OldMan's Lacky
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by OldMan's Lacky »

Cheers Greg!!! Happy to see some progress on your wonderful project too!!

Little bit more done over Easter - plate welded over the shockies. Will obviously use a hole saw to provide access to them:

Bare metal covered in rust converter/primer/sealer.

Intent is once the last floor panel is welded in, to strip all the existing paint from the floor and lead wipe any remaining pin holes. Hopefully it won't reveal any further nasties but at least I will be confident for years to come.
parisian62

Post by parisian62 »

Good stuff Danny. :thumbsup:

Stewart
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
OldMan's Lacky

Post by OldMan's Lacky »

Well can't believe it has been so long since I last had an update! Have dropped in a few times to check everyone's builds but had become quite disillusioned playing the patience game (either because of replacing the clutch on a Daihatsu Sirion for my boys first car or waiting for the welder to have some spare time). Anyway both have now been realised and I'm happy to say all welding is now completed! :clap: :clap: :clap: The underside is all anti-rusted and sound deadened (is that a word?). Just need to prepare the cabin and then all the bits can start to go back on Pa's Ute! Even better is that I have a couple of weeks off after Christmas so am hoping to accomplish a lot 8). Feels good to be back ...

Cheers.

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Gotta love reaching the point where bits can start to go back on :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: that should get your motivation level up 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
MyEKisdriven

Post by MyEKisdriven »

Looking forward to seeing the ute moving along..
Foundation member #6 FB/EK Club WA
Sydney to Perth in an EK ute ? no problem.
0424 364 840
OldMan's Lacky

Post by OldMan's Lacky »

Well today I reached the biggest milestone ... Pa's Ute is back to where Pa had it before the "rust issue"! Underbody is fixed, sealed, protected, deadened and painted. Tray has been protected, painted and re-carpeted.

Now the fun begins! Sump back on and the flywheel, clutch, gearbox and starter motor all get re-installed before the engine crane does its thing! Excited!

WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Looking great, love the wood, good work :thumbsup:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

looks sweet, getting close now 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

OldMan's Lacky

Post by OldMan's Lacky »

Thanks gents!

No worries Tim ... thanks for the tip. Provides further justification to the missus when I say it can't be a daily driver :ewink:
OldMan's Lacky

Post by OldMan's Lacky »

Got to put a few hours in over the weekend. Engine was finally in the ute and was tightening the nuts on the engine mounts and this happened. :problem:

These were new when Pa bought them but not sure when and where. Anybody have something similar happen? Anyway have to order another one.

BTW Tim - the old man said that the carpet is 'marine carpet' and wouldn't have put standard carpet in otherwise.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Looks like it doesn't line up properly ? Is the mount on an angle to the motor ???

OldMan's Lacky

Post by OldMan's Lacky »

It was bugger of a job to line it up Blacky. I didn't think it was meant to be that difficult? Anyway I'm checking out an EK tomorrow morning to see if I've got things right i.e. bracket up the right etc.
OldMan's Lacky

Post by OldMan's Lacky »

Have I done this right??

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Something is definitely awry there mate, is the motor sitting level or does it lean to one side ?