BUMPAR

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

In the Shed
State: SA

Re: BUMPAR

Post by In the Shed »

rosco wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:31 am Brett - I was wondering why these pix were making a re-appearance... I had my suspicions.
Don't you dare put it on the market! Just look back through your work - you should take a firm grip of your head with your left hand - and give it a darned good slap with your right... if you ever make such a consideration about selling it.... seriously - the build is an absolute credit to you.

frats,
Rosco
Consider yourself told Bumpar! :shock:
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
bumper
State: TAS

Post by bumper »

For those that dont know this wagon has been sold, has now gone to sydney!!
Im sure we will see it on the rd within the next year!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

Bugga - but, I'm absolutey certain it was a very regretful and correct decision Brett...
I'm about to put an FJ ute project on the market as well - I now realise I will never get to finish it (running out of years).
I will suffer your pain when the time comes to watch it roll out of my life....
frats,
Rosco
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

rosco wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:08 am
I'm about to put an FJ ute project on the market as well - I now realise I will never get to finish it (running out of years).

frats,
Rosco
I saw that on another forum Rosco - I would love to grab it and finish it but I need to live to 150+ to finish what I have now ........
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Go on Blacky you know Sharni would agree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy: :crazy:

Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
bumper
State: TAS

Post by bumper »

rosco wrote:Bugga - but, I'm absolutey certain it was a very regretful and correct decision Brett...
I will suffer your pain when the time comes to watch it roll out of my life....
frats,
Rosco
Have just bought our first house! So am happy with the decision, honestly wanna restore the blue wagon back to the way it was when i first restored it, and have the trailer to finish also, so plenty to keep me busy, sad to let some go but its usually for the best

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wanker????
I'd rather consider myself as an "owner operator"!!

FBEKHOLDENFANS page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253705454864/
WesternWagon

Post by WesternWagon »

I saw that on another forum Rosco - I would love to grab it and finish it but I need to live to 150+ to finish what I have now ........[/quote]

Only 150? I think I’m at 500 to Finnish mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Member : Holden Car Club WA.
:ASRF Member
: Secretary FB/EK holden Club of WA.
thebrotherj
State: NSW

Post by thebrotherj »

rosco wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:08 am
I'm about to put an FJ ute project on the market as well
Hey Rosco, I just sent you a PM :thumbsup:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

FireKraka wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 am Go on Blacky you know Sharni would agree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy: :crazy:

Neil
She would too , I said to her one day that I would like to get another FX or J and she said "cool , do it - but it has to be a ute " 8) 8) 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

I don't bookface but had a look on Gumtree Vic if it is the one on there then it looks like it would be a great project and a good price.

I'll be looking for another project soon (I hope if the boss lets me :crazy: :wtf: :roll: ) if I had the cash that would be it, I really love the shape of the FJ utes.

Neil
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
rosco

Post by rosco »

This FJ ute is stuck plum centre of either being restored or continue with the modification - whichever way it goes, it will be a great car.
It has lived on a concrete floor in a shed under carpet for the last 19 years, prior to that it was ditto in a wooden shed in Warracnabeal for 15 years.... prior to that, it was a bachelor sheep grazier's "town car" since new.

Chassis wise, it is absolutely schmick... body is a bit knocked up, but the panel modifications need a lot of work - much more than the relatively minor body dents...
The floor is amazing, but the cargo floor has been removed to allow a polished wooden one to be fitted.
The tail gate was going to be welded in, but I picked up a replacement and new skin - I didn't lke the concept of an enclosed rear.

I had an engineer on board (Archie Robertson) who did not have any issues with what I had planned....

It is not ready for sale yet.. and I have not advertised it in the public arena... for one, I can't get at it - and two, I have to write out a list of everything that comes with it... there is almost enough there to complete the build.
It has a 186 motor with a Dellow alloy bellhousing to marry the Toyota steel case gearbox. The tailshaft has been cut and balanced.
There is a rack and pinion front end with disc brakes, but one of the calipers is missing....
The front has been welded together to form an extending and tilting front hood.... the complete instruction for completing this will go with the sale - along with the build history and inventory prior to my picking it up.
I will have many pix to post.... but they are some time away yet...

sorry to steal your thread, Bumpar - I should probably list this in "other vehicles"... and may do so when I have something to post.

I fully agree on your 150, Blacky - I'm rapidly heading for the half way to that... now, in some 8 years of retirement - I look back and find that I have not met many of the challenges or projects I had planned... yet have accumulated more. I believe now is the cut off point where I either take these on, or sell them off to people with more determination and passion to bring them to life....

And, before anyone chimes in - yes - I fully realise if I typed less and worked more - maybe this dear old car would not be up for grabs..

Great work with the house, Bumpar - you shouldn't have to concern yourself using the tools of trade in the garage....

again, apologies for swamping your thread....

frats,
Rosco
59wagon

Post by 59wagon »

rosco wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:25 am And, before anyone chimes in - yes - I fully realise if I typed less and worked more - maybe this dear old car would not be up for grabs..
That'd be our loss, Rosco - you rip a good yarn :wink:

Cheers,

John
rosco

Post by rosco »

thanks John, went to click the '"like" button and realised I wasn't on facebook..... consider your comments "liked".

frats,
Rosco