WA fb special

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

mph
State: WA

Re: WA fb special

Post by mph »

Blacky wrote:probably a crappy earth , my sedan flashes the right dash indicator for both left and right but the outside lights work fine - it doesn't worry me, just adds to the quirkiness :D does the left indicator bring the right internal one on or does it work as it should ???
Hmm it works as it should as such just the rh dash indicator blinks with the left front and back and the lh dash indicator blinks with the rh front and back.
I could just cut and swap the dash blinker wires over to suit but there has to be a reason why is doesn't work as factory wiring . So maybe ill double check the earthing damn 12v electrical :idea: .
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
mph

Post by mph »

i dropped all these bits off to get zinc coated they came back all like brand new and there was a minimum charge of $60 even the rusty bonnet springs came up great.
regarding the boot latch that goes in the boot i think the zinc dip has melted the turn cam lobe as its all loose would some one have a pic of what it should look like

Ive been busy all day cleaning polishing chrome cleanning up nuts and bolts and putting the front end back together stripped down the grill completly so i could clean all the nooks as well.
Gotta rock the bonnet bird :thumbsup:
Just need to put the H O L D E N on the bonnet and the front bumper on , the LHS ,middle and over riders polished up nice still some dents scratchs and tiny pits though but the RHS part of the bumper is still very dull. i suspect its been changed out some stage in its life with a corner from a paddock sitting vehice,
So im chasing a RHS to the front bumper that has shine still slight pitting or small dents i can deal with for now
FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Looking great.

Sent from my D5303 using Tapatalk
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Said it before: love that colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Looking good man! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
mph

Post by mph »

Gday,
Just some prep before i get to work on the fb next time im wondering which wheel arch cover is for left and right rear wheel , one of the covers the steel poking out has snapped thats why shes a lil shorter than the other .hope it wont affect the fitting of them.
I presume the wires on the rhs wheel arch tuck under the cover?
cheers :thumbsup:
FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.
mph

Post by mph »

i could only find a rear parcel shelf for hq and toranas not fb ek .. off to bunnings and grabbed a sheet of board i think 2.5mm thick 2400 x 1300 only around $15.00
I removed the old cardboard very carefully trying to save as much as i can to make tracing a new one easy. Holden must have used around 8 ltrs of glue on initial install :crazy: what a mess removing old cardboard and glue. i managed to save the corners and back around the glass which is basically all you need. i was thinking about just gluing the vinyl to the steel shelf but didn't in case the vinyl drooped and took shape of the steel shelf ruts over summers or if i had to remove the vinyl at a later stage.

just a few buzz downs with the flapper disks and she fits like a glove

The left over wood i cut up to make a sandwich press for gluing the vinyl
i just glued the vinyl to the wood first with around 50mm over hang for the tuck under after
this one here i think ive done it different to holden it was hard to tell with the old vinyl as it was quite sun damaged and britle but i think on the board around under the back window instead of tucking the vinyl under the board and glueing it i think they just had about 10mm over hang which they just tucked under the window rubber.
either way the way ive done it worked well and sealed up nicely to the rubber all the way around.

i flushed and cleaned the fuel line aswell, before i hook the line back into the rebuilt fuel tank
FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

$1,000,000 job mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Nice work. :thumbsup:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

Good work with the parcel shelf, it's looking good :thumbsup:
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
WesternWagon

Post by WesternWagon »

Very tidy
Member : Holden Car Club WA.
:ASRF Member
: Secretary FB/EK holden Club of WA.
mph

Post by mph »

Not a great deal done lately the old always working has been in the way
i have the trim all done and waiting to go in with auto carpet,i got around to cleaning the boot and putting the repaied tank back in with new stainless screws and sealer ,I had a look in a ek manual but it doesnt specify can anyone confirm the way the tank level float sits i think its in the right spot
FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I may well be wrong but I thought they only went in one way ?? The screws aren't equally spaced and they will only fit in one spot - I believe its the spot where you have it - the tank in my sedan leaks , I am planning to have the top cut out and remade , when I do I want to fit a baffle all the way around the sender so fuel slosh doesn't make the needle jump all over the show while you are driving.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
mph

Post by mph »

Blacky wrote:I may well be wrong but I thought they only went in one way ?? The screws aren't equally spaced and they will only fit in one spot - I believe its the spot where you have it - the tank in my sedan leaks , I am planning to have the top cut out and remade , when I do I want to fit a baffle all the way around the sender so fuel slosh doesn't make the needle jump all over the show while you are driving.
Nice one blacky ill check that out and see how i go.
Are you getting fumes when you open the boot
Tony did my tank he cut the floor out ,cleaned all the in sides up installed a new floor for it and re sealed followed by a pressure test.
FB-Special
Holley sniper EFI.
Ek auto column shift.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

yeah - it stinks if you fill it up , I just put $20 in it at a time and carry a 10lt jerry in case I run out. What did Tony gaff you for the tank refurb ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.