Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in S.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, SA Mod

stinky
State: SA

Conditional Rego changes.

Post by stinky »

Hi all
FYI, it is done!
Simpler system, no inspections required, and car over 30 years old (rolling 30 year cut-off).

Minister's Press Release
http://www.premier.sa.gov.au/index.php/ ... for-july-1

Advertiser Story
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... fb29261923

Government Gazette details
http://www.governmentgazette.sa.gov.au/ ... 17_030.pdf

Cheers!
basic.green
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Conditional Rego changes.

Post by basic.green »

hi stinky when you say no inspections dose that mean not going to have your car checked at regency park or do clubs do it
building the dream Rick
stinky

Post by stinky »

All the club has to check is the year of the car and anything else on the vehicle that is needed to meet the club rules. The club does not have to have proof of the legality of the mods on your car.
Legality is checked by the Police and Regency, if you get defected it's your problem not the clubs.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

awesome - now all we have to do is get it over here in W.A. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
stinky

Post by stinky »

Blacky wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:46 pm awesome - now all we have to do is get it over here in W.A. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Good luck there, you'll need perfect timing, the right people in the right position, the right Government, the perfect voter balance, keen clubs and a gracious governing body, perfect planetary alignment, a rare spotted deer-headed goat dropping a shit on the west face of Mount Kilimanjaro and the West Coast Eagles winning every match for the rest of the year ;)
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

As a thank you for the determined effect and persistent to get the Club rego set up here in South Australia, the FB-EK Car Club of SA, has bestowed our first Honorary Membership on Glen "Stinky".
It was because of his drive to get this done, we are all very greatful and felt this was way to recognise his efforts.

There are now more cars now on the roads that would have been left in sheds gathering dust.
Roger -President
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Well deserved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Nice one Roger - and well done Stinky , you dont fancy moving to WA for a few years do you mate ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

stinky

Post by stinky »

Thanks for that, Roger didn't mention he ambushed me at a SMASA Member's Meeting :oops:
Blacky wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:36 pm Nice one Roger - and well done Stinky , you dont fancy moving to WA for a few years do you mate ?
Funny you should say that, not moving there, but I am helping the ASMF WA with their push to get Club Rego going in WA.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

stinky wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:45 pm Thanks for that, Roger didn't mention he ambushed me at a SMASA Member's Meeting :oops:
Blacky wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:36 pm Nice one Roger - and well done Stinky , you dont fancy moving to WA for a few years do you mate ?
Funny you should say that, not moving there, but I am helping the ASMF WA with their push to get Club Rego going in WA.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:

Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Sorry for the ambush Glen at the SMASA meeting but I wanted to ensure you were recognised for your work, in front of other people, who benefited from the Club Rego.
I would think all car clubs in Adelaide have increased their membership due this change.

With Stinky's help in WA, you will have their Club Rego heaps quicker.
Roger
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

our CMC had their monthly meeting last Monday , one of the topics was the concessional licencing and should it be extended to include modified cars - half of the old pricks at the meeting were arguing it should remain for stock vehicles only !!!! :evil: :evil:

A clear case of "I 'm right , so f#^k you Jack " :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am going to send our members an email asking all of them to send an email to the CMC arguing that we need to get this happening ....