Modified pre 79 car owners

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in S.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, SA Mod

stinky
State: SA

Modified pre 79 car owners

Post by stinky »

I updated Facebook last night with the following message about conditional rego for modified cars in SA.
1st meeting between SMASA Reps and DPTI Policy representatives today.
By all accounts very positive and no sticking points so far.
Points from the meeting:
- Due to mis-conceptions of what the term "Street Machine" means that name will probably not be used for the scheme (no biggy).
- Word is the Minister would like things to happen quickly (we are talking Government quickly though).
- The system will probably be pay for 3 months rego to use over 90 days throughout a year (as expected).
- ASRF and FHMC will be consulted, SMASA will most likely handle the administration in much the same way the ASRF and FHMC handle their own conditional rego sectors.
- There may be a compulsory club run condition attached to a portion of the scheme i.e. some of the 90 days must be used for club sanctioned runs.

It is early days yet but the signs are very encouraging for a positive outcome.
I will try and get a letter out to Affiliated Clubs with an update soon, in the mean time feel free to spread the word and quash any rumours. If you are not sure about something ask questions directly here or send me a message through Facebook or email smcr@smasa.com.au
Rhone05
State: NSW

Re: Modified pre 79 car owners

Post by Rhone05 »

Hi Stinky,

Has there been any progress on this, are you able to provide an update.

Cheers

Chris
stinky
State: SA

Post by stinky »

The best way to keep up to date is via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/smcrego/
I post updates when they happen there.

I am expecting an email soon with details of information I can publicly release, we are hoping for something to be in place this financial year.
Rhone05
State: NSW

Post by Rhone05 »

Thanks, I will check it out