Club Historic Rego Day

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in S.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, SA Mod

Thommo
State: NOT ENTERED

Club Historic Rego Day

Post by Thommo »

The SA Club had its historic rego day last sunday at Bonython park.
Good roll up of cars, couple of new members and a perfect day weather wise.

Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Re: Club Historic Rego Day

Post by Craig Allardyce »

mmmmm, gathering of FB's & EK's. I cant wait for June next year, its just too long.
I'm thinking now we should have a FB EK summer Nats!!!!

Who's up for it?? :thumbsup:
Thommo
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Thommo »

SunnyTim wrote:Thumbs up...so how's your rego work Thommo?
I'm not on it, because my car is modified, its only for restored vehicles.
They get something like 90 days rego per year (45 weekends) its not cheaper per day, you just pay for 90 days rego as opposed to 365 days.
Log book to fill out before they leave home stating the intended route. (does not have to be a club run)
Must be a member of a car club that can issue historic rego.
Used to be yearly inspection from the clubs appointed officer, but I think its every 3rd year now. ( stat dec in the in between years)
If you are found to be breach of any of the rules, and an incident occurs, your car is deemed as unregistered and the penalties apply. (driving an unregistered car etc)

That's the guts of it, someone on the scheme may help to fill the gaps.
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

Hi Tim,
The cars have to be "as they came off the production line" "completely standard" NO modifications, this even includes paint. Clubs have to be a historically registered club through the DTEI. 90 days driving on a log book system. You sign the log book on as a reason for getting your car out and driving it. In this way it is registered. (It can be driven any day of the week, does not have to be a club run) The club has authorised historic officers. The cars have to be inspected 3 yearly to make sure all the details are the same as when first inspected and okayed for this rego. Every year a stat dec (this was brought in 2 years ago to put the onus back on the owner/driver) has to be signed by a jp saying that the owner has not altered the vehicle in anyway. The system is.... subs have to be paid, stat decs signed stating that the owner has not altered anything, then log books can be signed. The historic officers keep the stat decs as proof.
Tim this is the basic info there are lots and lots of rules and a huge job for the historic rego officers of each club.
Last year there was a new rego system brought in for hot rods and left hand drive vehicles. If clubs wanted to run these regos in their club they has to apply to have it included. A completely different set of paperwork.
There has been a push for some years to get a "modified rego system" in place, which we were all hopeful would happen last year, but the DTEI canned that one and allowed the hot rod and left hand drive schemes. It is still a work in progress.
cheers
Lesley